SkullV's 40 Breeder SPS Reef

You and I have opposite problems. My nitrates are 0-2ppm, but my phosphates are sky high. I didn't have any algae/nitrates, so I started feeding more. I just got my hanna checker phosphate in to find my phosphates at 0.55 ppm! I now have a little algae on the rocks (but not a ton). I have a GFO reactor on the way. Going to combine that with water changes to see if I can get that down.
8380E9A8-BF7E-4C43-9828-2B6AD4918AE3_zpsafremdyg.jpg

What are you using to test n?
You may actually be in exactly the same position and a bit of nitrate dosing could help drop p..

I am testing nitrate with a Red Sea kit. I just set up a GFO reactor today, so I hope that helps. I am only at 2 fish. Maybe more would help a bit.

Hi Ted, I have the same problem since the begining of my new tank, right now I have nitrate 25ppm and 0 Phosphate, but what is surprising is that I have the corals with light colors, maybe it's because too much light (LED) or the lack of phosphate, and I clean my glass only once a week!! I'm thinking in dosing Monopotassium phosphate again, It was the solution I found in the past when dosing vodka, now I have 700ml of AIO BioPellets.

Last edited:
Bump. Hope that the lack of updates is just because you are busy. Would love to see an update.

Back