SkullV's 40 Breeder SPS Reef

Nice tank and love the new scape. Your colors are awesome, and those corals are growing too. I think it is going to fill quickly :) Ahhh, we can always find more space :) Great job, cannot wait to see this one in 6 months!

wow Ted!

Corals and new aquascape look pretty nice! :bigeyes:

tagging along!!

Nice tank and love the new scape. Your colors are awesome, and those corals are growing too. I think it is going to fill quickly :) Ahhh, we can always find more space :) Great job, cannot wait to see this one in 6 months!

Thanks guys!

Well, there's just about nothing I've been able to do (short of dosing it directly which I will not do) to get detectable NO3 or PO4. I have been feeding 1/8tsp Coral Frenzy daily in addition to my normal fish food. Every time I feed frozen I also soak it in Selcon and dump the Selcon water into the tank with the food.

Either way, algae is almost completely gone and coral color has never been better! Even my DFS SSC is finally getting a little color to it! Onto the pics!

PC Rainbow from @porkchopexpress:
IMG_7331_zps2t4a4l5p.jpg

WCR French B:
IMG_7333_zpsajv8ntie.jpg

ReefGen Ghost Orchid - I love this coral under my T5/LED Hybrid more yellow coming in all the time!
IMG_7334_zpsjflbloyv.jpg

Original Wet Thumbs Tierra Del Fuego:
IMG_7335_zpskqr89u5h.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade:
IMG_7341_zpsdi3idjfa.jpg

Wet Thumbs Mother of Pearl:
IMG_7343_zpskr5v9siu.jpg

WCR Rainbow - Love that blue coming in!
IMG_7344_zpsr9iu4y0w.jpg

No name Milli:
IMG_7345_zpstsh36f6i.jpg

Tyree Blue Matrix - was totally brown when I got it, finally starting to color up!
IMG_7347_zpsvyd7iwft.jpg

No Name:
IMG_7349_zpswygkt0xt.jpg

TCK Pikachu:
IMG_7351_zps5z7cooeq.jpg

JPorter's GOW Acro:
IMG_7353_zpszxsgpcc5.jpg

ORA Joe the Coral:
IMG_7359_zps2gumaxcl.jpg

Wow Ted, those look fantastic! My question of the month is ... what is your light cycle? LED percentages, times on and off, dimming, etc. Thanks!

Wow!! Amazing colors. Really incredible.
That French B and Joe the coral are crazy. The tones of yellow against the blue in the Joe are stunning.
You are really pulling the yellow out of what might otherwise be green.
Very nice.

+1 on Mark's question..

Last edited:
Wow those are some beautiful pieces you got there man. Drooling over that wcr rainbow! !!

wow beautiful frags!! :bigeyes:
pink lemonade is amazing!!

Cheers, Flo

Wow Ted, those look fantastic! My question of the month is ... what is your light cycle? LED percentages, times on and off, dimming, etc. Thanks!

Wow!! Amazing colors. Really incredible.
That French B and Joe the coral are crazy. The tones of yellow against the blue in the Joe are stunning.
You are really pulling the yellow out of what might otherwise be green.
Very nice.

+1 on Mark's question..

Wowza! This one is amazing!

Thanks guys! I'm starting to be very happy with the color and growth, but at the same time, I'm bored so I will be starting a couple of the less "major" aquaforest products. I'm starting with the Vitamin supplement while I finish off my Acropower and Coral Frenzy. Once those are done I'll start their aminos and coral food. I like the idea of some of their other products, but don't want to test so many elements and am pretty leery about adding copper to my tank on purpose. I will be switching to Aquaforest Reef Salt when I confirm that it can be stored for a month-ish at a time as well.

As far as the lighting, here it is:

T5: 100% from 4pm - 10pm

Royal Blue LED:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%207.11.54%20PM_zpspdpphfnk.png

White/Blue/RB LED:

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-02%20at%207.10.46%20PM_zps0k329dgb.png

Also took a FTS today. I moved the DFS Strawberry Shortcake to the back of the tank where it can either color up or not, without me having to stare at a brown coral. This is the only one that simply won't do it for me. Anyone have a killer SSC they are looking to sell a chunk of :)?

IMG_7454_zpsrakovwgw.jpg

nice FTS!!!

i´m looking forward on your expirience with AF products!

Flo

Looks really good man....I'm jealous of all of you SPS Guru's!

Thanks guys! Hoping the AF stuff does well. Of all the products I'm most excited about the salt. It's very close to the parameters I like to keep my tank at so things will be even more stable. Although, the 109* temps outside aren't helping my water changes. I have to bring water in the night before.

Thanks for all the lighting info Ted, much appreciated.

No problem!

Purple tang beating the heat:

IMG_7487_zpsens7j2lh.jpg

Time for something new!

F963D711-A7AD-4E49-B9CA-A3DC5CB36B55_zpsd1gk36tc.jpg

Also using their Coral V and starting Coral E on Friday. Will be adding their aminos when I run out of acropower too.

Been lurking and looking and I must say I'm liking the progress. It may be time for me to head to Gilbert to hang out and talk tanks with you and hopefully leave with a few frags! I have tons of SPS to swap.

Been lurking and looking and I must say I'm liking the progress. It may be time for me to head to Gilbert to hang out and talk tanks with you and hopefully leave with a few frags! I have tons of SPS to swap.

Thanks, and absolutely! Come on out whenever! I'll have to check out your build thread too!

I am just about to start a build thread. Tanks has been running since early Feb so most of my acros are still small but things are starting to take off. 45 acros, 5 Montis and ready fo more LOL!

Went ahead and did a 30% water change with the new salt. Will do another 30% twice over the next week to kind of "reboot" the tank and get dosing re-set since I won't have to change it every time I do a water change like with Instant Ocean.

Nice looking tank! Awesome pictures. I need to get some photography help lol.
As for your SSC it will be brown for a while. Mine took 4weeks before the green body started showing up! So be patient...plus it's a super slow grower....I was about to dump mine, until it started showing coloration

Back