SLASH Float Trip, Thursday July 13th!!

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
The SLASH Club has planned it's first annual canoe trip for Thursday, July 13th. We are going to do a 10 mile float on the Upper Meramec River:

10-Mile Floats From Onondaga Cave to Blue Springs (long, 4 hours average).
Bus leaves 9 am and 11 am.

I think the 11am is a better time considering it will take about an hour or a little more to get down there...this will put us on the water til about 4:30-5:00pm. But this is not set in stone.

The company we are using is:

Blue Springs Ranch Campground & Canoe Rental
PO Box 540 • Bourbon, MO 65441
Toll Free: 1-800-333-8007 • 573-732-5200
Fax: 573-732-4269 •

The price for each canoe assuming we have 1-9 canoes is $36/each. That is the price for two people, so, figure $18/person. If we rent 10-19 canoes, the price is $34/each, or $17/person.

Here is a little excerpt from the Blue Spring Ranch website:
Floating down Missouri's Scenic Upper Meramec River is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Gliding past towering bluffs and caves in a scenic natural setting is simple yet deeply satisfying fun. We specialize in access to the most beautiful 10 mile stretch of the Meramec (from Leasburg to Bourbon). You can enjoy good fishing and plenty of wildlife while canoeng, rafting, kayaking or tubeing, or relax in our luxury cabins, or while tent or RV camping, or take a Horseback Trailride! At Blue Springs Ranch Campground & Canoe Rental we have the facilities and services needed to ensure that you have a truly enjoyable experience.

We chose the weekday over the weekend for a number of reasons, with the main reason being that the river is much more peaceful for a club event during the week. We can have the river in a much more peaceful and serene setting than on the rowdy weekend scene.

For those interested in going, please respond to this thread! Thanks.

Dave :)

P.S. If this day is a rainout, we will have an alternate of the following Thursday, which is July 20th.

http://www.bluespringsranchresort.com/

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7525184#post7525184 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ARSENAL11
kids welcome?

You darn tootin'!

Last edited:
This float will be a lot of fun! I might have to bring the cheap flyrod along just in case we stand still long enough for a few casts.

:D

If you are planning on floating with us this day, can you give me a definite on this thread? I will unstick it for a while so folks can see it and bump it every couple of days. Thanks!

Nook :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7623685#post7623685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ARSENAL11
Sorry dave im out:sad1:

Sorry to hear it, Kurt...hopefully next time.

dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7622678#post7622678 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
If you are planning on floating with us this day, can you give me a definite on this thread? I will unstick it for a while so folks can see it and bump it every couple of days. Thanks!

Nook :D

The wife and I are planning on going :thumbsup:

After snorkling at Sam A. Baker state park, I think I will go that route and forego the floatation device.

Yes I snorkeled in a creek and it was fun !

Back