So Cal Reefers FTS Thread...

Been awhile since I've been on RC, usually NR. I moved to Socal two years ago so I thought I'd share my tank. Just rocking a little 5G right now.

Somewhat current FTS:

IMG_4389 by Justind823, on Flickr

Also, kinggeorge...amazing tank.

So Cal Reefers FTS Thread...

Here are a couple professional shots that my buddy Josh Gunther took of my tank and its surroundings. I'm kind of new to reef central but not necessarily new to the hobby.
I've had this tank for two years now and I'm continually working on it.
It's a predominantly SPS reef with some LPS, anemones, clams, and softies to make it interesting.

It is a 565 gallon display, 200 gallon vat/drum, 225 gallon sump, and 60 gallon refugium.

For Lighting I've got 12 Radion Pros, for flow I've got 4x Tunze 6255, for filtration I've got a Super Reef Octopus 8000 external, for phosphates I'm running a dual Monster reactor with BRS GFO, I'm using a 12x18 Geo Calcium Reactor to add calc & kh, I'm dosing magnesium, I've got a 1hp trade winds chillier, 160 UV sterilizer, and using an APEX to monitor.

This is from the formal living room side...

picture.php
[/IMG]

Here is a shot from the other side where the family room is"¦

picture.php
[/IMG]

Holly Molly this looks like one of them house you only see in a magazine lol nice house and beautiful tank... We need to have a club meeting here hehe

Here are a couple professional shots that my buddy Josh Gunther took of my tank and its surroundings. I'm kind of new to reef central but not necessarily new to the hobby.

I've had this tank for two years now and I'm continually working on it.

It's a predominantly SPS reef with some LPS, anemones, clams, and softies to make it interesting.

It is a 565 gallon display, 200 gallon vat/drum, 225 gallon sump, and 60 gallon refugium.

For Lighting I've got 12 Radion Pros, for flow I've got 4x Tunze 6255, for filtration I've got a Super Reef Octopus 8000 external, for phosphates I'm running a dual Monster reactor with BRS GFO, I'm using a 12x18 Geo Calcium Reactor to add calc & kh, I'm dosing magnesium, I've got a 1hp trade winds chillier, 160 UV sterilizer, and using an APEX to monitor.

This is from the formal living room side...

picture.php
[/IMG]

Here is a shot from the other side where the family room is"¦

picture.php
[/IMG]

Wow!!!
Dream tank complimented by a dream house

Hey King George wondering if your tank is glass or acrylic? Amazing I must say can I come for a visit I promise I'm not wierd haha

Nice room divider King. Is proof that there really is at least one nice tank in LA, where I thought it was a reef black hole :)

Just saw this, green carpet nem. Had him a long time, about 6 years. If anyone remembers an LFS (can't remember the name) on Ventura in Encino, they were taking down a 600 gallon display tank and sold this guy to me out of it.

Nice room divider King. Is proof that there really is at least one nice tank in LA, where I thought it was a reef black hole :)

Really?

The tank and home is stunning. Another beautiful tank to add to the many amazing tanks in the center of the reef keeping world, Southern California

Back