Solitude's Small part of the Ocean

I did change to Giessmann newer bulbs. I'm now using

actinic blue (ATI Blue + equivalent)
super purple (ATI Purple + equivalent)
actinic blue
tropic (GE6500 equivalent)
aquablue-coral (ATI Coral + equivalent)
actinic blue
aquablue-azure (This is new colored bulb and I would have to say it's in between a Coral + and Blue +)
actinic blue

Overall, I'd have to say, I really like these bulbs. Because of the Aquablue-azure, I get more a 14k look which I really like. I also added a Reefbrite XHO (all blues) to my powermodule and I'm extremely happy now. I get the 14k look that I like and the pop on my coral colors from the RB strip.

gonna change out my bulbs soon what combo geissmen would you recommend for a 6 bulb sun power fixture I also like the 14k look thanks tank looks great

gonna change out my bulbs soon what combo geissmen would you recommend for a 6 bulb sun power fixture I also like the 14k look thanks tank looks great

I would go with 4 actinic blue, 1 tropic sun and 1 super purple. Also, pick up an Azure blue just in case it's a little too white for you and take out the tropic sun.

your tank is so nice!

I recently just got a 180 gallon and have the ATI Sunpower 8x80W with 2 reef brites, one XHO and one Tech both are all blue. I love the blue look of the tank, what would you suggest for the bulbs of my ATI?

Also, how did you mount the reef brites to the side of the sunpower and what did you use to mount the ATI Sunpower to the ceiling, assuming you did so.

Been a long time since I've update this thread but I finally got my Carx up and running. Hopefully it'll give me stable parameters
8a5ef7935618d90e8e865ce5739b4e42.jpg

Any chance you can grace us with a fts over here?

lol. no, no FTS right now. One of the reasons why I changed over to a CaRx is because I think I got a bad batch of supplements causing a lot of stress on my SPS so the tank isn't looking so hot. Hopefully this reactor bring stability.

Do you need a feed pump for your calcium reactor? If you do what do you use?

I would have loved to use a masterflex pump but didn't have the room. I settled for a Sicce 0.5 pump

Very esthetic from top to bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I ran an Aquamaxx S-1 for a couple years but struggled with low ph of 7.9 in my display and very slow growth so I switched back to two part dosing.

Does the second chamber help with low ph? Looks like you're running two different types of media in each reactor. Any reason why?

Does running a second chamber require a larger than normal feed pump? I fed my reactor with an air pump

Thanks

I ran an Aquamaxx S-1 for a couple years but struggled with low ph of 7.9 in my display and very slow growth so I switched back to two part dosing.

Does the second chamber help with low ph? Looks like you're running two different types of media in each reactor. Any reason why?

2nd media is filled with CaribSea A.R.M. Aragonite fine media. The theory is that the water passing through has more surface area to absorb some of the CO2 therefore less in the DT.

Does running a second chamber require a larger than normal feed pump? I fed my reactor with an air pump

Thanks

Same pump. Water is just passing through so no added pressure (if any) to the pump

AHHH my eyes!!!! :fun5::fun5::eek1::eek1::uhoh3: It's so beautiful! Is it real? or am I dreaming?? :eek2: :celeb1:

Nice dude. I bet you will end up loving that reactor. As long as you can figure out how to tune it, they are a breeze. Oh piece of advice, don't let the media in the main reactor run too low. I let mine get really low, and after I refilled it I had to adjust all my settings. I would say never let it get below half full. Then you just top off the media and don't have to make any adjustments.

AHHH my eyes!!!! :fun5::fun5::eek1::eek1::uhoh3: It's so beautiful! Is it real? or am I dreaming?? :eek2: :celeb1:

Thank you for the compliment

Nice dude. I bet you will end up loving that reactor. As long as you can figure out how to tune it, they are a breeze. Oh piece of advice, don't let the media in the main reactor run too low. I let mine get really low, and after I refilled it I had to adjust all my settings. I would say never let it get below half full. Then you just top off the media and don't have to make any adjustments.

Thanks Schnitz. So far so good. My alk has only fluctuated between 130-135ppm so hopefully that's a good sign. I think having a good needle valve has made tuning much easier.
Here's my regulator setup
aa3f2637b436ed73af8b354c31d82251.jpg

Last edited:
Back