some help

kingfish83

I gpt my gf a few months ago a 8g biocube. So far she has LR&LS and one clown goby. I'm going to get her a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby Paired with Red Banded Pistol Shrimp.

What is another one or two types of fish I should get for her tank?

None. That's a pretty small tank. The fish that you already have in there individually will outgrow the tank. I know it's a drag and it probably looks like you have room for additional fish, but your water chemistry will be a constant battle if you want to keep any more fish in the small tank.

Che

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11437117#post11437117 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Che
None. That's a pretty small tank. The fish that you already have in there individually will outgrow the tank. I know it's a drag and it probably looks like you have room for additional fish, but your water chemistry will be a constant battle if you want to keep any more fish in the small tank.

Che

X2 lol, just bite the bullet and buy a bigger tank

what other size biocubes are there?

I have have to get a great great deal on a used cube or a hole set up. Remember poor grad student. hehehe

Biocubes come in 8 gallon, 14 gallon and 29 gallon. I have a 14 gallon in my office on my desk between two work stations, I love it!

I have a very small clown and a hectors goby in it for fish. I have had zero problems with tank and I haven't lost a single thing!

7g.jpg

The clown GOBY will not outgrow the tank. I think people saw "clown" and ignored the 'goby'. You should be fine with the clown goby, and shrimp/goby pair.

Do you have a pretty deep sandbed though? And is the rock on the bottom of the tank? If not, the shrimp may burrow under the rock and cause it to collapse.

I would recommend looking for a small fish (possibly a pair of firefish?) or something that will swim in the top part of the tank, so you actually see fish. The shrimp/goby pair may pick a spot you'll never see them to make a burrow....

Thanks again guys. I thought i was out of my mind when they said it out grow my tank.;)

Yeah i have 10lbs of rock and a 1.75 inch sand layer. i have it where you need to dig half the sand out to make it half. There is only four big chucks of rock in the tank. I'm down at my gf parnets house in maricopa.

I really need to get some pics of my two tanks... OPs i mean my tank and HER tank.:D :lol:

Merry Christmas to you red. I'm not even close to your streets red.

Hey Y-DesygnGuy how long has that tank been up and running?

Back