Sonny's Rimless Shallow Reef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iodine can and will kill off bacteria so be careful when using it. The MB7 should conteract the cyano. If you have cyno right now in the tank then doent dose vodka.

With parameters as you have you shouldnt be having the issues you are having. The corals looked bleached and unhealthy. Do you run carbon? You may have a toxic buildup in the tank. Also, are you running a glass shield over the DE bulb? Any cracks in the bulb casing? I do see some algae so you may want to recheck the PO4 and NO3 levels. The algae could be absorbing the nutrients before they can have a chance to be tested.

Tx Sunny, I'm running carbon and phosban since a month. I suspect PO4 (lower than 0,05) be source of HA cause by a LFS telling me to use baking soda for low cost Alk balance. Now probably a lot of PO4 in my rocks, even after 2 month cooking. NO3 around 5-10 may also feed HA. Next step is vodka I think!

I checked class or bulb crack, nothing there. I think the coral reaction is from a too long time between bulb change (2-3y):spin2: for many reasons.

BTW, your pics are great. Tx again.

G

You don't even need photoshop. In Picture Manager in Windows 7(I think earlier version, too). You can click on the "enhance color" button, then it asks you to select an area that should be white. Doesn't do as good a job as if it was shot in the right WB mode(which I have no idea how to do), but, helps a lot.

DSC_0065.jpg

JUst to show you what it can do.

Sonny - You might also try downloading Google Picasa...its free and is very handy for some basic editing like white balance, adjusting shadows and contrast, etc. Tank is looking great btw :)

Sonny - You have a beautiful tank!:beer: I have been tagging along for the ride.

I have been running Powermodules myself the past couple of years. Your thread has inspired me to swap out my bulbs. I'm also contemplating swapping out my fixtures, and seeking your advice (McCliffy and other T5-only SPS tanks, please chime in too!)

Currently running (2) 8x39w (624w)ATI Powermodules over my 72" x 24" x 24" tank

The fixtures basically span the entire 72", and run 17.5" deep.

I'm considering swapping those for a single Powermodule. Either

8x80w (640w) (58" wide, 17.5" deep) - I'd lose 7" of light coverage on each end.
or
10x80w (800w) ( 58" wide, 21" deep) - I gain a bit of front-to-back light coverage.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back