Spring '12 Swap April 15th!

Most of the vendors prefer cash, though there is a bit of trading that goes on as well, and of course the Coral Donor Progam tank provides still yet another option. ;)

Most of the vendors prefer cash, though there is a bit of trading that goes on as well, and of course the Coral Donor Progam tank provides still yet another option. ;)

Haven't taken advantage of that yet :) I'm still rather new around these parts :).

Looks like we've got a great lineup going. Here's the vendor list so far:

Vendors:
Reef Deep Aquatics
Craig Payne
Midwest Saltwater
Eye Candy Coral
Meisen
Jim's Reef
Dirk Griffin - He's the guy with the retail store on the stage :)

Members:
Daryl Smith - mustanglver98@yahoo.com

If you would like to be added to the list just shoot me a PM and I'll get you down.

If you are a club member and are looking to share some tank space, post it up! There may be someone else out there looking to sell some things but doesn't want to set up a tank for just a few items. By working together everyone can come out ahead. ;)

We're starting to get the Swap's sponsors and raffle items lined up. This is just a teezer...

Glass-Holes 700GPH Overflow kit w/lid Retail $89

700%20mounted.jpg

Big thanks to www.Glass-Holes.com for their support. Not only did they provide the overflow kit for our Swap but they also sent us a full set of diamond hole saws to utilize in SLASH's newly developing Helpful Equipment Loan Program (HELP). :thumbsup:

You can expect to see many more items and sponsors in the weeks leading up to the swap. Spoiler Alert! This swap will have one of the largest pools of raffle items yet! Stay Tuned! :bounce1:

Add www.airwaterice.com to our list of sponsors. They have provided two $25 gift certificates for our raffle. :thumbsup:

More raffle announcements to come, we’ve got some really awesome stuff in store for ya!

CDP Awards and CDP Swap Tank Info:

Top Donor Awards:

It's that time again. We'll be announcing the 2012 CDP Award winners at the Swap. We'll have some nice prizes for the top three donors. Plus, first place gets a sweet framed certificate to hang by their tank and bragging rights for the next year!

Winners will be determined based on net points accrued from February 17th, 2011 thru April 12th, 2012. Plus, this year we're applying a five point bonus for each coral in which the three frag return obligation is met.

Note that the transaction deadline for this year's awards is a few days before the Swap. This is to allow us time to print up a snazzy certificate for this year's winner. However, don't let this discourage you from completing CDP transactions during the swap. They won't help you win the Top Donor Award this year but they will contribute to your tally for 2013.

As always CDP management and SLASH Officers are excluded from winning a CDP Award.

If you win a CDP Award but can't make it to the Swap, no worries, we'll get your prizes to you"¦ some day

Swap CDP Tank Information:

We'll have the CDP tank setup at the swap and welcome your donor corals. In addition, this time around we'll have a separate "œwarming tank" setup for those who would prefer to keep their donations bagged up. This is the preferred method as the donation isn't added to the "œprimordial soup" that is the general CDP tank. However, if you decide to go this route the bag must be clearly labeled with the name of the coral and a representative picture. If the bag does not have a photo the coral will be removed from its bag and placed into the general CDP tank.

Any coral not claimed at the CDP tank by approximately 15 minutes before the start of the club raffle (around 1:45pm) will be donated to the raffle.

If the coral(s) your donating are already part of the program, just bring them and we'll handle the transaction. Make sure to check the Quick List to verify they're already in the program. However, if your bringing a new CDP Coral, please create a new Thread on the CDP Forum compete with a picture, PRIOR to the swap. If you do not have access to a camera you can use an accurate picture from the Web. Even without a picture, we will try to find a taker for your coral but no points will be awarded or deducted until the donor creates a thread complete with a picture in the CDP forum.

We will also have a 6 points or more section setup in both tanks until 1pm. Donors may place they're primo stuff in these sections to provide priority to other members who have already donated to the program. Corals in this section still only "cost" one point but a member must have accrued at least 6 points for access to them. Any corals left in that section by 1pm will be moved to the general section and available to any SLASH member with points left

Take Care and Happy Fragging!

Last edited:
I remember last year, there were at least 5-6 threads with people posting what they'd be bringing, if you wanted to buy in advance and reserve it.

Will that be happening soon?

Anyone contacted liveaquaria for the swap? They posted on their facebook page looking to help clubs. Not sure who's in charge of contacting vendors, but they said to email at Facebook@DrsFosterSmith.com

Thanks for the heads up! I believe Kirk is looking into it

I remember last year, there were at least 5-6 threads with people posting what they'd be bringing, if you wanted to buy in advance and reserve it.

Will that be happening soon?

I dunno... Start a thread and ask! ;)

More raffle items from another long-term SLASH Sponsor... TUNZE!!!

NanoStream 6015
6015.000.jpg

NanoStream 6045
6045.000.jpg

NanoWavebox 6206
6206.000.jpg

won't be there but i'm gonna need to find a way to get in on the raffles, very cool!

thanks tunze

Oh yeah! And we're just scratching the surface right now. I'll post more and bigger items in the weeks leading up to the swap. We also have committments made from several area LFS this time around. I can't wait to see what we get from them. Add in the donations from all the the Swap vendors, and we've got one hell of a raffle coming together!

I'll be there as a vendor - New Life Aquatics.

8hr drive one way and no set up the night before. This should be intersting:)

I've never been to a swap that i didn't have a great time at so I'm in!

Jeremy Linzmaier

Updated vendor list!

Vendors:
Reef Deep Aquatics
Craig Payne
Midwest Saltwater
Eye Candy Coral
Meisen
Jim's Reef
Dirk Griffin - He's the guy with the retail store on the stage
Tony Roybal
Allen Nguyen
Booyah's clowns
Beefy
Jeremy Linzmaier

Members:
Daryl Smith - mustanglver98
sbabs

This is going to be a swap you definitely don't want to miss! :thumbsup:

That is a heck of a line up. This might be one of the best ever. Can't wait. Every swap seems to get bigger and bigger. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance to all that make it happen.:beer:

Back