Spring '12 Swap April 15th!

So, last year all I brought was a backpack. Which worked, but some of the stuff was just sitting in the bag of water, in the backpack for 2-3 hours.

Cooler time? Any specific type of cooler better?

If you have a good relationship with your LFS you could ask them for a foam shipping box that they receive live goods in. They are a lot sturdier than a typical foam cooler. Most of them will give you one if you buy livestock and ask for one.

I'll be making it out to this for sure! Hoping to find some really oddball Montis (like YELLOW) and maybe some eye catching anemones, as odd as that may be.

One of the perks of writing the schedule at work is that I can guarantee I'll be there ;)

Sick list of vendors and raffle prizes so far!

Geo just sent us a sweet raffle item... a frag tank similar to the one pictured below.

frag_swap_tank_1020_3.jpg

Thanks Geo! :thumbsup:

www.geosreef.com

Thanks to M3P doing a little legwork for us, we received a shipment of goody bags from Drs. Foster and Smith to hand out at the swap! If you want to see what's in them you'll have to show up. :D

Thanks to M3P doing a little legwork for us, we received a shipment of goody bags from Drs. Foster and Smith to hand out at the swap! If you want to see what's in them you'll have to show up. :D

Shwag bags! Awesome!

We have some other members helping us out as well by donating a few sweet slighty used items for us to raffle and auction.

First off Herhel (Ocean View) donated a PinPoint ORP meter and probe as well as a Disolved Oxygen (DO) meter and probe. These retail for around $100 and $300 respectively! :spin1: Thanks Hershel! :thumbsup:

VAS-AM00300.jpg

DO62.jpg

Also...

Dave (Nanook) has donated his reef ready Clarity Plus Bowfront Tank and Cherry Stand complete with sump. This is a sweet setup and will be made available via a blind auction. No reserve highest bidder wins. The tank is 48"x17"x20", the stand is 51" high. Due do past configuration the tank overhangs the back of the stand 2 1/4" but this could be easily modified. I don't even want to guess what this went for new! Thanks Nook!!! :fun4:

Untitled by nickgrant79, on Flickr

I'll also have some big ticket raffle item announcements later this week from Premium Aquatics and Bulk Reef Supply. Stay tuned!

I can't take full credit on the tank. My mother used to work for a law firm and when they closed their office, they needed help getting the livestock to good homes and then gave the tank, stand and sump to me to sell or give away.

A personalized autograph on a laminated picture that's framed to put next to the tank is in order.

So, on the raffle items, do you just need to be a SLASH member?
I signed up last Spring FragSwap, so I'm probably do to pay again...

So, on the raffle items, do you just need to be a SLASH member?
I signed up last Spring FragSwap, so I'm probably do to pay again...

We'll have one awesome raffle item that will be for members only but all the rest are open to anyone with cash to purchase tickets ;)

Back