SPS Color Up July thru Today...

reefinsocal

Picked up this piece from Divers Den. It was a different color online than the brown piece that arrived... I emailed them and they offered to replace it with credit, but I said I'll wait it out 2 weeks.

Check out the piece today....

July 10th
e3f0cb22cc4ca56cbb50af3b97f9fa94.jpg

Today: iPhone w/ White Lights from Radion XR30
18b47e9614e2eafedb03a709e6ca08fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Great job. I bought a browned out shortcake colony some time ago. New growth looks great but stil brownish-(.

So can you tell us what changed?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nothing changed. I received the coral browned out. Time, light and quality aquarium parameters lead to coral growth and coloration.

What would those parameters be? I'm curious.

Just sharing what my parameters are right now:

Alk 8.0
CA 450
Mag 1400
Ph 8
Salinity 1.26

I dose 60ml of Brightwell Reef Code A/B each day on a doser. 15ml of Acropower each day and 4 drops of Lugols Iodine 1 time a week.

That's the recipe for my tank.

fe9645b4cd9f56c8af5440a1ee0298ae.jpg

916760c6d086389f03dea1d28524b2fa.jpg

Where does your nitrate and phos stand?

That's a good question. Phosphate is typically .03 or below. When it hits .05 I change out my GFO.

I don't test nitrates. I do a 20% water change every 2 weeks. I make sure my RODI is pristine with 0 tds using dual chamber DI Resin and Chloramine Blaster carbon cartridges.

Was that what u initially ordered?

The first photo is what I initially ordered and had slight purple tips in their online photo. But when I received it, it was as pictured in the first photo and completely browned out. They said it could have happens in shipping but I've never seen a coral change overnight.

Amazing color up! The tank looks fantastic. I really like the openness. How many fish are in there and what/how much do you feed?

Back