STILL LIKE YOUR-Gyre XF150 ???

mine was quiet from the second i turned it on. i have it positioned pretty much exactly as ray does, just a couple of inches from the top with one side pointed slightly up. the flow is amazing! funny to watch my kole tang. he will swim up to the gyre, pick at it, get thrown back by the strong flow and go back in for more.

Well I just ordered one so should be able to report soon. I'm pretty picky and love my Tunzes other than the amount of space they take up. Will see how this pans out.

Yeah I found other sites listing it to, with a 2-3 week expected delivery. I'll be waiting for one of those for my 75gal.

Got two RW15s to play with as I slowly buy parts for my 120 build. I am in the DC area; so, I figure my best bet for Gyre is at MACNA 2015! :wave:

I'm anxiously awaiting the 130 for my 93b cube (30"x30").

I'm just afraid the 150 has too much power.

I emailed Marine Depot and they confirmed 2-3 weeks on the 130. We'll see if that holds.

I think its a great pump but it hasnt held up too well with my dwarf cerith snails in the tank. they have been attracted to and as a result I have gone thru a few propellers. Its back in the box until I feel confident I got all of the DC snails out!

Wonder how this would work on my cube. 48/48/24 inches? The reason I went with the vortechs was because I coukd keep all cords out of the tank but these things seem to put out an amount of flow unparalleled by other pumps. The amount of debris they suspend in the water column is highly of interest for me. For now I use the nutrient removal mode on my vortechs.

Corey

Ive read somewhere that they need to fully cleaned every 6 months, or the flow really slows down.. Any one take one of these apart before. Seemed like it was a process to do so..

Well I placed my pre-order for the xf130. I'll let you guys know how I like it. It'll go in my standard 75g.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 130 for my 93b cube (30"x30").

I'm just afraid the 150 has too much power.

I emailed Marine Depot and they confirmed 2-3 weeks on the 130. We'll see if that holds.

Cool, let me know how you like it as I also will be setting up my 93g cube.
I love,......the size of this tank !!!

(If you can send me any pics and info and your plans, please send me a PM for my email address) !

Back