stocking a 33gallon

C_man7

Looking to stock my 33gallon long 48"X12"x12"
Has a 20g long sump with a fuge
ice cap k2-50 skimmer
jebao dcp-2500 return pump
ice cap gyre 1k wavemaker
about 35lb of caribsea life rock/real reef rock.
Planning to do soft corals and euphyllia
Also wanting to do all smaller fish like under 4"

Must haves:
Pair of clowns possibly snowflake or similar
watchman goby pistol shrimp
royal gramma

Possible:
Flasher wrasse or some sort
pygmy angelfish

Any other cool fish that would do well with the must have fish and are reef safe for coral and inverts?

For whatever reason my royal gamma is quite territorial. The only fish that have been able to survive the wrath of this fish for the last 10 years is my pair of clowns. Every other fish has met their demise.I have a 30 gallon biocube.

IMO royal grammas tend to be different from fish to fish. I’ve heard people say that they are quite aggressive and I’ve heard people say they are not aggressive at all. I happened to get a none aggressive one. He comes out of his cave often, feeds out in the open and has never once gone after anything in the tank. Another good fish for that size tank is a cardinal fish

I have a 30 gallon shallow cube with the following stock list:

Pair of Percula Clownfish
Royal Gramma
Flame Angel

This seems to be a good combination for me with no aggression and plenty of movement in the tank. I am however struggling to raise nitrates and phosphates due to my filtration methods, so I have the following fish in quarantine waiting to be added:

female Lyretail Anthias
Springers Damselfish

I'd say 6 fish is the absolute limit for a 30G and even then it's a very delicate balance dependant on filtration and choice of fish to reduce aggression.

Back