Stoking question

panagiotisath

Hi,
How long can i wait until i place a new fish in the tank.What i mean is from fish to fish what is the safe period to wait for the aquarium to be ready for a new one.

There's no hard line rule here. What you want to take into consideration when starting up a tank and adding new fish is how well the tank is cycled. When you add a new fish, you increase the bioload (fish waste etc) in the tank. This will exceed what the bacteria in the tank can handle, until bacteria population grows to accommodate the rise in bioload. You'll effective have a mini-cycle in the tank if you add a few more fish.

Test your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate regularly. When ammonia and nitrite falls, your tank is handling what is already there efficiently, and it's ready to accept more fish.

A experienced friend of mine said that he never more then doubles his bio load per month. 1 then 2 then 4 and so on that way he never has surprises but hes also working with a 250g tank, but that's just his experience and way of making sure hes safe from accidental crash. but like octobot said if the tank is naturally keeping ammonia down and nitrite down the bacteria is handling it on its own.

IMHO if you are qting correctly, and only wt a couple of fish at a time..then you don't have to worry about the time span of adding the fish..only the order that you add them, as some will want to rule the tank if you add them first and may not accept new comers

IMHO if you are qting correctly, and only wt a couple of fish at a time..then you don't have to worry about the time span of adding the fish..only the order that you add them, as some will want to rule the tank if you add them first and may not accept new comers

I agree. The general guideline is most aggressive last. Which means it will help to have a stocking plan rather than spontaneously purchasing fish. :hmm5:

Thanks a lot ,my mane concern is that i plan to put a dwarf anger inside and since the aquarium is almost two months old i wish to put him or her on September as a last fish incide.The others will be a pair of percula ayellow tail damsel and a six line.The damsel is already in.

It should be ok to do that. Just quarantine each for 4 weeks.
You can quarantine the two perculas together.
Your sixline should probably be by himself in quarantine. The same with the angel.

How big of a tank is this? This sounds like a fun group of fish to put together lol. I could definately see some signs of aggression as they mature.

But QT, then add fish is a good idea.

How big of a tank is this? This sounds like a fun group of fish to put together lol. I could definately see some signs of aggression as they mature.

But QT, then add fish is a good idea.
The tank is 120lt nano reef want to be ,with the six line i can live without but i really want a dwarf angel.

So that translates into 30 gallons.

Id look more carefully cause those fish in a 30 is asking for some fighting

Yes sorry 30 gallons in Greece we have Liters.In your opinion what is the correct combination with the angel.

If you are really wanted the angel, Id drop the others and look for more docile fish. Maybe the clowns. But the 6 line, damsel and angel could be a problem once they mature.

Back