Stomatopod sex pictures (again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree, I find this article to be very informative and incredibly interested, I can not see anything wrong with it.
You should not open it if you get easily offended, although, I don't see how you could!

I feel dirty.....I'm going to church after work now... :lol:

no seriously, that's some great photography.....Where are the origins of these mantis?? The ones I catch in the cast net here, are nowhere near as colorful.....I couldn't tell you what kind we have here.....Very cool, and I agree Sex is part of life(and death).....Without sexual reproduction, you're left with asexual production (then we're talking immortallity!)

Most of the species shown are from Lizard Island, Northern Queensalnd, where I do much of my work. A few are from Panama. The one major exception is the Squilla empusa spawning. She was taken from the Gulf of Mexico.

A lot of recent work is showing that asexual reproduction does not produce true immortality. So if you can't live forever without sex, you might as well live with it.

I'm going to try to get come video up this month. THey will be short snippets, but a moving image is worth many stills.

Roy

Guess I'll have to just keep living with it....darn!!! I wonder if the kind you have from the gulf, would be the same as we have in the atlantic....probably so I would guess....

Anyways, I think next time I get one I will make myself a little mantis tank....very cool creatures!!! Thanks for the pictures...

Angelfishlover said
"This forum thread title is very offending and is probably aigainst the forum rules I dont care if you wanted laughs. You should have called it stomatopod mating instead of stomatopod s**"

You can't even SPELL"sex"?

LOL

angelfishlover said:
This forum thread title is very offending and is probably aigainst the forum rules:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I dont care if you wanted laughs. You should have called it stomatopod mating instead of stomatopod s**

That has got to be a joke! I mean if someone was so offended by the title that they couldn't even spell SEX, surely they wouldn't be able to enter the thread, read down through the posts and then reply. I have just never seen anyone "bleep out" the word sex before. I don't mean to get this far off topic and take away from the excellent photos but.... well.... I thought I had seen/heard just about everything.

Thread purpose continues to be derailed with off topic and pointless comments barely suitable for the lounge.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back