Stop eating tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like I said before it won't be "to good to not eat " when you can't eat it because its all gone

this ^ made my head spin.

don't make me push your red triangle.

i think you should change your username to ivehadtoomany.

You know it taste soo good that if you didn't eat it you would be "crazy".

It's not my fault if you can't figure out simple English.

Why dosent anyone seem to care about this topic? Arnt we supposed to be a group of people who come togther and care about the oceans and how we can make them better.

I do. Yes the spelling and grammar are not the greatest, but "I also don't do good righting". This is not a grammar or punctuation class.,$!.;?
Yes we are supposed to be a group of fair minder, intelligent people who exchange ideas so we can all learn. (some of us just come here to belittle or argue) National Geographic just did a large section of their issue speaking about the decline of tuna. Yes, there are publications that you can still learn something from without having to Google it or learn it from Lady GaGa. They are made out of paper which is the same stuff we make trees out of. Tuna are way over fished, that is a fact. There are no more large tuna, that is also a fact.
I love tuna and still eat it, especially Sushi, but I am aware of the problem.
We eat tuna because it tastes so good either fresh or canned. You can't buy canned lionfish and that is a shame because they also taste good and we have to many of them.
There is a movement to try to get people to eat more of the other types of fish that we have an abundance of along with krill. Krill are all over the place especially now that the whales are so few compared to 200 years ago when everyone hunted them. I myself practically live on seafood and have never ordered a steak in a restaurant in my life. But there are so many species that we consider trash fish mainly because they are widly scattered all over the place so it is not profitable to just catch those species. They are commonly just thrown away after being removed from the nets of tuna, flounder, cod or swordfish as there is no market for them. The stuff you are eating at fast food restaurants is pollock. It is a decent fish but not something they usually sell fresh as people don't know what to do with them. But when they deep fry it, you don't really know, or care what it is. I don't eat anything deep fried but I am glad a lot of people eat that stuff so it leaves the good food for me.
My family was in the seafood business and sometimes my Dad would bring home some sort of fish no one had seen before. Almost everything fom the sea is edible, just some people don't know how to cook. :bum:

Last edited:
I agree with you almost entirely paul b. at least you don't ignore the problem at hand. I don't even mind if people eat a tiny amount of tuna as a special accasion once a year or so. my problem is people conseintitly eating it and not knowing the consquences. I also have a problem with the commercial trawl fisherman which are by no means sustainable.there are also different kinds of tuna and tuna like fish that are not in as much trouble as others that could be caught and eaten without so much ecological impact. also as long as not to much is taken. I don't mind people pole fishing as lo0ng as they don't take to much ethier.

It's not my fault if you can't figure out simple English.

The problem people are having with your "simple English" is that it tends to be somewhat disjointed and often with plenty of misspellings that do make it troublesome for many to decipher your meanings...even those of us that aren't the grammar police.

There is a movement to try to get people to eat more of the other types of fish that we have an abundance of along with krill.

Problem with the krill "movement" is palatablity. Absolute worst smelling thing I've come across is fresh krill on the deck. If you think that freeze dried stuff at the LFS smells bad, fresh is a hundred times worse. Though despite the stench, lots of cool things can be found while sorting through the krill.

there are also different kinds of tuna and tuna like fish that are not in as much trouble as others that could be caught and eaten without so much ecological impact.

For discussions like this it pays to be very specific about what species and what stocks your talking about. The Tuna found in a can on the shelf of the grocery store in the US is not Bluefin, it's albacore which is a better managed fishery and also considered "dolphin" safe.

Despite the grammar and spelling errors, illhaveanother does have a point. Let's put all the joking aside and applaud his effort.

John, whats that? Bait!

Bill, I didn't say I was going to eat it. But I do take krill oil pills every day and I think that is why I am afraid of whales and penguins.
I wonder what amphipods taste like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back