Stop eating tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is question relevant to the thread? Seems pointless to me.

Well the OP was posting about BlueFin tuna and you said you would eat less of it. So it does seem to be on point as other types of tuna are not in the same boat (could not help myself here)

I think it is okay to eat tuna- because we are the apex predator. I have no issue with evolution, or the eventual changes in the earth that cause the extinction of man. Once the tuna are gone, something else will fill its place. The same is true of corals- if ocean becomes more acid and some species of coral die off- then other organisms will thrive in the new parameters. That just the way the world turns. The earth has done fine without dinosaurs, it will do fine without tuna, and it will do fine without man.

I think it is okay to eat tuna- because we are the apex predator. I have no issue with evolution, or the eventual changes in the earth that cause the extinction of man. Once the tuna are gone, something else will fill its place. The same is true of corals- if ocean becomes more acid and some species of coral die off- then other organisms will thrive in the new parameters. That just the way the world turns. The earth has done fine without dinosaurs, it will do fine without tuna, and it will do fine without man.

Well . . . of course we could clone them. :beer:

Well the OP was posting about BlueFin tuna and you said you would eat less of it. So it does seem to be on point as other types of tuna are not in the same boat (could not help myself here)

What are you talking about? The OP's post is about all species of tuna. My point and posting was specific to only bluefin tuna. Where and when I last ate bluefin is irrelevant to this thread and none of your biz.

What are you talking about? The OP's post is about all species of tuna. My point and posting was specific to only bluefin tuna. Where and when I last ate bluefin is irrelevant to this thread and none of your biz.

If the original poster was posting about all species of tuna, then he was factually wrong. I asked you since you said you were going to decrease eating it where you had it since it is not readily available here.

Zis better?
I am not used to freshwater fish except goldfish like I have in my pond.
What is that a large mouth Bass?
We catch mostly fluke, stripped bass and bluefish here in New York. I think stripped bass have to be 36" or something like that and I am not sure about fluke, Maybe 22" but I could be wrong. The last freshwater fish I caught was a bass. I ate it but I wasn't crazy about it.

This thread has become totally ridiculous...

P.S. if you cant spell well there is this thing called spell check :)

Too bad I think you are right. There are too many ppl posting coz they got nothing better to do and have nothing to contribute to the posting. Worse yet, some of them don't even read the original posting.

Too bad I think you are right. There are too many ppl posting coz they got nothing better to do and have nothing to contribute to the posting. Worse yet, some of them don't even read the original posting.

Lol, I cant say im above them, I am currently laying on my bed in the middle of the day with my blinds closed looking through everything on the new posts section cuz I got nothing better to do (homework will have to wait.)

Yes Paul, that is a Largemouth Bass. We send most of those back as like you say, they just don't have much taste. They're more of a fighting catch and release fish. I prefer Crappies and Bluegills, you can cook them without deep frying, you'd enjoy them. I could send you a batch of delicious frozen panfish fillets if you'd like.

While we do love fish and value ecology, this is the lounge. Please go a little more slowly and accept that we do care, but this is not a place for stirring up passions about issues on which we may have varying and fairly well-based opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back