Subscribe to this thread for SALES!

I saw that the effluent chambers are now only available in kit form? How difficult are they to put together?

Also, with the Vibe, on a 180 gallon, what size would you recommend for just Carbon? I use a BRS reactor now, and it says that the carbon has to fully fill the canister to stop any tumbling, preventing if from grinding up and polluting the tank. Is it the same with the vibe, fill the canister?

thanks mate! i just went on and it said it was "in stock" so I just bought it.....but are you saying it is not actually in stock at the moment?

Correct, we allowed a back order on this item (so you could get the sale price) and put our estimated ship date on the stock notification.

I saw that the effluent chambers are now only available in kit form? How difficult are they to put together?

Also, with the Vibe, on a 180 gallon, what size would you recommend for just Carbon? I use a BRS reactor now, and it says that the carbon has to fully fill the canister to stop any tumbling, preventing if from grinding up and polluting the tank. Is it the same with the vibe, fill the canister?

Saw your other thread, will answer both here. The effluent kit is only 2 glue joints, it is extremely easy. Everything else just screws on to the chamber.

For Vibe and carbon on a 180, the 2l size will be more than enough. It doesn't need to be filled 100% but you will need a specific set of pads to run this media as opposed to zeolites so be sure to put a note on your order and we will include this at no charge.

Black Friday Specials from AVAST Marine Works!

This Friday, November 27th, we are introducing our latest concept in reef filtration technology: the Spyglass fluidized cone reactor! This reactor represents our efforts to create a design that makes maintenance quick and easy, is highly efficient with water flow and electrical usage, yet is versatile enough to work with virtually all media available to the reef aquarium hobby. The best part is that we are launching the Spyglass at amazing introductory preorder pricing of 40% off! This deal will only last the weekend, so get on the preorder list early!

http://www.avastmarine.com/collections/avast-built/products/spyglass

Additionally, we are discounting everything else on our site by 15%! This is a perfect time to stock up on media or any other needed aquarium equipment.

Note that this sale is valid using coupon code THANKS15 from 12:00am Friday, November 27th until midnight Monday November 30th.

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving & Holiday Season!

Dan & Justin,
Captains

I watched the videos on the Spyglass and it looks pretty impressive. The design is pretty slick, and I hope you sell a million of them. This will be one of the best reactors ever!

Back