Sunset

Waiting for the George Thorogood concert to start last month.

sandia_sunset_1000.jpg

Nice stuff you two!!! Doug, you probably expected him to come out of the clouds on a Harley with "Bad to the Bone" blasting!!! Yea, that would have been cool!!!

LOL, I'm shocked Doug....... :). Well it did pretty good!

I did some cleanup in PS. There was half a dude walking down the aisle and I did a little dodge/burn/selective sharping.

:)

George Thorogood posted it up on their page last week.

I'm mad because i lost the original size version of this on a HDD that died. All i have left of it now is a desktop size version.
Sunset on the James by Paul Stevenson Jr., on Flickr

This one works great as a smartphone wallpaper. especially on Samsung's because when you finger swipe to awaken your phone it does the light spectrum perfectly.
Sunset on the James by Paul Stevenson Jr., on Flickr

This is actually Sunrise. Took this the day of Obama's inauguration. That day was insane... never have I seen that many people on one place. 4million+
The Dawn of a New Day . . . by Paul Stevenson Jr., on Flickr

Sunset 4 by Paul Stevenson Jr., on Flickr

Last edited:
It's been a while but since it's the 125th birthday (last week) of Yosemite National Park I though I'd pull out an image. I've probably posted this before but I did rework it a bit. Half Dome from Olmsted point.

mystic_light_remix.png

That, sir, is why I love landscape photography.

Thanks

And it's also a reminder that sometimes you need to step away from the viewfinder and just watch. :)

I was out there helping lead a photo workshop. When something like that happens, they think you're a wizard. That picture was taken after the sun was down. A few minutes earlier we were, literally, standing in a cloud. After sunset, it opened up for about 20 minutes like this and then socked back in.

Back