T5/LED combo is the future?! Your opinion on BRS lighting review and choice

Damn nice sir. I wonder about costs on some of the diy. I like the angle front wills. Curious as to what prior experience led you to make these combos. Its nice to see them and they look great just curious as to what made you select what the majority of BRS staff selected.

I am firmly in the T5/LED combo camp. I've had great success with my Gen3 Radion/T5 combo on my old 12, and am loving my T5/Kessil combo on my new 180:

FB_IMG_1453124599831_zpswey5idd7.jpg

Hey terry just stumbled across this thread and I would love to know some more details an how successful you have been with the kessil / T5 combo, Would like to do a build like that. Any advise or learnings what bulbs are you running in the T5 and what kind of lighting schedule do you run?

Cheers

I have been trying to find a wed site that sells the parts of the light mount you made. Could you give me the name of the company you bought the parts from?

Last edited:
I'm using a Pacific Sun Pandora S-3 over my 125 using the "Bali" setting. Growth and color has been good for the past 2 years.

Forget pointless sentiments like what the "future" of lighting is. Who cares? This is not a hobby or field where being on the razors edge of development and tech innovation is required for great success. Literally every tank behaves differently, even multiple tanks under the care of the same owner with the same input variables will behave differently.

Use what lighting works best for you. You should never HAVE to adopt a lighting philosophy because it's the "future" of the hobby.

That being said. Nice DIY hybrids. Most of these look really sharp and clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just added 2 ATI T5 bulbs to either side of my hydra52s....holy cow is it bright! The biggest difference I notice is the coverage is much more even now.

any one know what fixture this is?

Hey terry just stumbled across this thread and I would love to know some more details an how successful you have been with the kessil / T5 combo, Would like to do a build like that. Any advise or learnings what bulbs are you running in the T5 and what kind of lighting schedule do you run?

Cheers

Back