Tampa Aquarium shops mapped through custom Google Maps

Coral corral. Oldsmar
Discovery aquatics. Tarpon springs us 19
Aquatic vision. Port richey
Marine warehouse. Tampa
Fins and skins. Pinellas park
I guess it is like 2 years later so you might not see this but hope this helps.

I highly recommend SeaLife in St Pete, great clean up and coming store with super healthy livestock, the owners are a father and son who are super helpful and very nice people along with some of the best prices in town.

ya - sorry - I deleted the map quite some time ago due to the high turnover of stores opening / closing and lack of interest.

Hilarious!

Funny as hell but so true!! I have seen some maricultured acros in there that were really nice and great price but I just couldn't bring myself to putting it in my tank. I literally cringe everytime I have stopped in there. I have to control the impulse to grab one of his new magfloats, rip it out of the package, and go crazy scrubbing his tanks. There are seriously more dead acros then live ones in his sps section as well.

but you had better be willing to QT any livestock purchased here. Only fish store I have ever seen have a "Fish Have Ich Sale"

This is more along the lines of why I dropped the map more than the effort of keeping up with closings / openings.

There were many reports of items like this - or stores that had AEFW infestations from the community here. I had my own story too. I bought a frogspawn from a local store and a few months later I had a severe outbreak of vermetid snails. Being new, I blamed the store and considered removing it from the map when in fact it was my own husbandry practices that caused my problems.

This became an ethical dilemma for me on several fronts.

Do I remove a store from the map because of unfounded rumors floating around this board? What if the rumor is nothing more than inexperienced hobbyist?

What if the rumor is nothing more than a person trolling or vendetta?

If it's true - do I really want to be promoting a store that's going to harm a fellow hobbyist?

So the answer to my own ethical question was - no more map.

If you all want to start up a new map - feel free. I wont be doing it or involved in it. Directions on how to do this can be found on Google.

I feel however that it's a hobbyist's responsibility to do this on their own. Get a feel for the stores in the area that you feel comfortable dealing with and frequent those stores. As always, the only pin I would have on my map is FAOIS. I dont care if I can find something less expensive somewhere else - I trust FAOIS and the livestock they sell.

Back