Tank is up & running! 150g Reef

wiszmaster

In Memoriam
OK - tank is running .... but still need to build the sump, enclose the 'fish room' in the garage, and order the new lights today.

The Tank:
PICT0554.JPG

PICT0553.JPG

PICT0560.JPG

PICT0552.JPG

PICT0549.JPG

PICT0544.JPG

PICT0542.JPG

This is where the 'fish room' is goimng to be:
PICT0528.JPG

comments...suggestions ... hints/tips ... donations are welcome too!
Paypal: marco@swfl-hosting.com :)

Thanks again Mike - Great rock, and TONS of life on them! (pmike25)
Good Luck with your next tank.

get some fish in that thing, looks good thou, I'd stop by saltwatersolutions and check out what they have, i heard they are getting a bunch of new livestock in this week

i've been there a few times now ... everytime they were low & almost out of stuff ..... maybe in a few weeks, i just ordered lights today - 6 x 80w + 2 x 54w T5's ... next big item is the sump .. .

That's cool - lindsey & I will have to go down and check it out sometime late this week or next.
But buying anything just yet is not an option ... Want to get the sump done first, and need to hook up the protein skimmer.

yea i hear that, make sure you do it right. You got some good looking rock there I'm guessing you got it from an existing system. Everything seems to be in coming along nicely, you fooled us all saying with the move you wouldn't have it up

yes, the rock came from an existing system - pmike25 (sp?) from new port richey tore down his 180g .... i picked up all of his rock, and most of his sand & water ...
otherwise i'd would have beena while until i'd have gotten the tank started - this was a deal i couldn't pass up.

I might pick up the sump later this week - found one local i like ... 53x24x24 - no baffles, bubble traps, or other guts .. just a tank. i'll fab my own guts for it.

lights should be here on friday this week - and it looks like i'll be needinga chiller - my water temps have come up to 85.6*F as of today ... they climb about 1.5*F every day... :-(

alright ... i now have a sump ... this weekend i'll hook it up, as well as the lights, and hopefully the skimmer.
if filled to the top, it would hold approximately 132 gallons - 53"*24"*24" ... tomorrow i will draw up plans for the guts, and hopefully stop by acme & have the parts cut out.

this large of a sump will give me a nice buffer zone in case water comes down ...

Thanks again Ryan - coralfarmer84

BTW ... post up some pictures of your tank!

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8454086#post8454086 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wiszmaster
alright ... i now have a sump ... this weekend i'll hook it up, as well as the lights, and hopefully the skimmer.
if filled to the top, it would hold approximately 132 gallons - 53"*24"*24" ... tomorrow i will draw up plans for the guts, and hopefully stop by acme & have the parts cut out.

this large of a sump will give me a nice buffer zone in case water comes down ...

Thanks again Ryan - coralfarmer84

BTW ... post up some pictures of your tank!

Yea post some picts!

Since the tank had be gradually heating up by ~1.5*F /day yesterday it reached ~87*F .... so it was time to fab something ... went to compusa & picked up a 3 speed adjustable 230mm PC fan w/ blue LEDs .. they work nicely as moon lights - had some extra acrylic left over from previous stuff & made bracket.

this morning the tank was down @ 77.1*F ... tomorrow i should be getting the new sump up, stopped by acme this AM & picked up acrylic for the guts.
Need to pick up sme more fans, put 3 or so into the canopy to move air in/out, and put an array of maybe 4 large fans over the sump ...

2 out fo 3 boxes with the new lights are out for delivery ... the 3rd box, the heavy one (ballasts) missed the truck in jacksonville last night ... so no lights this weekend ...

the sump is built ... waiting 24 hours for the acrylic to cure ... tomorrow i will plumb it up.

does anybody know if i can get union gate vales locally?
regular gate vales HD/Lowes/Ace has them .. with either slip, or threaded .. .but gate vales with double unions .... i'd be interested in.

found 3 'large' (3/4" - 1 1/4"" mushrooms today ... they must have relocatred themself from the back where i hadn't seen them before ... or jsut now came out of hiding ?!

man I've been busy with things... no time to post. sounds like you got things fairly under control there, now you just need some fish ;) lol.

BTW.. I got my the unions you are talking about from Lowes, they are like 2" and 1" and a half, you just have to look around. they aren't cheap thou like 30 plus bucks each.

If you need anything just let me know

Back