Tank of the Month - December 2003

That's sick! You're sick!!!!!!

IT'S ALL SICK!!!

Crazy!!!! CRAZILY SICK!

SICK!!!!!!!!!

That is one SICK tank..... Well deserved..... Definetly one...sick...tank.

hehe...

:D

Nope it dont deserve TOTM..... It deserves TOTYear HAHA, Very nice job man! Wish i had skill to build that kinda system let alone the plumbing... I Have 1 question how did you do the over flow all alonf the back? That is a awesome idea, i wish i could keep my detritus in the water colum! Great job!

Travis

Mike, congrats man!!;) If you all could see this system in person! He does not miss a beat!! It was well planned out. Mike has spent countless hours on this dream tank we would all like to have in our own homes!

Congrats on a well deserved honor.

On a side note: Thank you for being a wealth of education over the past few years, and guiding me toward opening mine eyes towards everything that goes into this wonderfull hoby. "Addiction":)

Again congrats!!

:D SalsaKing!!

I knew this tank was going to be TOTM one day! :) Great job!! Ive been keeping up with your updates and the finishing touches you made make the tank looks extremely professional!

... tanks like yours makes me want to upgrade soon!!

Mike, I probably missed it but how long has this tank been set up? Btw, did your 2yr. old 300g system have a dsb or p/dsb? Bob

Hey Mike,
Absolutely stunning:cool: You've done a fabulous job and the end results are Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m sure very rewarding. Question for you: Do you at all wish that you had viewing access to the backside of the tank where the black acrylic was used?

Well I got to say Wow to, takes once agaian for the kind words, I am glad you are enjoying it, I sure do.

Acro Nope, lol the back of the tank is in a equipment/pump room that and thiers alot of plumbing back there so I dont think would be to nice to look at.

MIke

Bob this tank has been up for a year and the contents (LR and so on) were from the 300 which was from the 180 and so on, lol I believe about half of the LR is at least 8 to 10 years old..I think.
The 180 was BB and was up for 5 years? and the 300 which was 2.5 years old was a straight DSB (no plenum).
Thanks for the kind words;) :)

MIke

Mike, this is a beautiful tank. It is very evident that many years of experience have gone into its construction. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I'd like to ask you about the feeding of your Sun Coral. Do you feed it directly or does it subsist on whatever floats by?

Sorry Mike I kind of cut the wording a little short on my question. I'll pm you in regards.;)

No problem acro I got the pm.

Secammy flow is really good down low and with the food I feed thier is alot of tiny particles, the coral gets access to lot of food, plus the detritus is constantly circulating in the tank providing more food thier to. So no direct feeding, but I got to stress that you must make sure they get food.

take care

mike

Can i have some of your money?

That has to be one of the best plumbing jobs ive seen yet.

Tank must cost a fortune to run.

Well worth it though.

Back