Tank of the Month - December 2003

Mike,

A fellow RC member called me the other day and said "Dude, are you mojoreef?" "What??" He said.."Check out the tank of the month"...

Your tank is incredible.. Wish I could take credit but, I had to tell him the truth.

-Mike O'Brien

I really wish I could have stopped by when I was out there last summer, my sister moved to Denver now. Anyone have as sweet a tank as Mike, but in Denver?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Tank!

mikeo1210 nice name I like it, lol

Niven Door is still open, buddy

Playa you are always to kind, thanks my friend and its always fun to help you.

Mylady I am sure your fish are really happy where they are.

Mike

I've been a little preoccupied lately, so I am just getting around to reading your article. I have seen your pics before, but reading the "behind the scenes" story really brought things together on what went in to this original work of art. So the decision is?.............Yep...........still one of my favorite tanks.:)

Thanks Steve, dont worry bud you will be ack in biz in no time.

Johnny thanks alot buddy and the door is always open.

Mike

Yack yack yack yack yack
We spend hours on the phone and you don't tell me to look at the top of the forum. :lol:

You think you're real funny, just going to sit back and wait to see how long it takes me to see this. Well, it took this long!! :D

congratulations_md_wht.gif

Did you think you'd ever get it finished? I know several of us didn't think you'd live through it. ROTFL

Mike, you know I think it's the one and only. :thumbsup:

Gorgeous Tank man wish I could fit it in my house. but my dad would kill me ;). I'm really very curious how large of a bill that setup ran you? I gotta have dreams and goals you know ;) hehe again awesome tank.

Absolutely stunning! Every detail is meticulous and functional.

I can't imagine the planning process which has resulted in such an elegant and capable system.

Congratulations on attaining the "Black Belt" of reefkeeping.

Definitely second the nominations for Tank of the Year!! Do you have a hoist to do your tank housekeeping<g>/ Congratulations!
Howard

Hey Mojo,

Awesome tank!! truly stunning....

A follow up question on the permeate pump. I was reading a post over on the ARS forum and it basically said that permeate pumps only help in systems that have a bladder tank, not an open flow. Can you explain how you have your permeate pump installed and what it fills?

Mike

Definitely well deserved Mike!!! Congratulations on a FANTASTIC system!!!

Paul. :)

ps. Add me to the list of people that need to get back down there and see it again (yes, I'm one of the lucky ones who's gotten to see this masterpiece in person).

Severon I cant answer that question as it may be used against me in a court of law...by my wife, lol

Joey/Saltydad/Paul/jun_celis thank you very much for the kind words, I do appreciate.

mhurley the permeate pumps just recircs the brine water back through the ro membrane, i will try to get a look at how I have it plumbed for you hopefully this weekend.

Some people are saying since you run a very wet skimmer, you are basically doing 130 gallons water change a year. How do you correct your salinity level?
LOL mushroom I read the thread you linked to, it looks like our English brethren like to argue about reefkeeping as passionatly as we do here. lol
Heres the concept, I view using ASW the same as I do an additive. its a cocktail of elements (and other things) that make a close simblance to seawater. I get most all of my elements from the use of kalk and calcium reacor effluent, for the balance of trace elements and Iodides I perfer to use Analytical Reagent Grade suppliments (currently from Warner marine). I find this combination to be of a higher standard then that which comes from a ASW manufacturer using lesser grade elements.
I woould have posted but could not seem to register. Heres a little twist for your friends on the board. I do replace topoff water, but from reading thier definitions that would not be concidered a water change, all I do to rase salinity is add the sodium, lol that should keep them busy for awhile;)
Wish them well for across the pond

Mike

Mojoreef, Nicest tank I ever saw. It looks better than some reefs I dove on. Can I bring my SCUBA tank over and take a dip?

Back