Tank of the Month - February '06

Pieter, congratulations, truly an amazing tank.

I've had the pleasure to see this tank for real. If you stand in the middle, near the glass and you look to your left or right, you have the impression you're standing in the middle of a coral reef, without getting wet! It's really a breathtaking experience!

This tank is set in a big showroom for fireplaces (if that's the correct word for it)!

Beautifull tank!! :eek1:

INCREDIBLE!!!! AMAZING TO LOOK AT. WORTH GETTING MY PASSPORT RENEWED AND GOING INTERNATIONAL TO SEE THE SETUP!!:wavehand: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: :eek: :eek: :eek2:

INCREDIBLE!!!! AMAZING TO LOOK AT. WORTH GETTING MY PASSPORT RENEWED AND GOING INTERNATIONAL TO SEE THE SETUP!!:wavehand: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: :eek: :eek: :eek2:

Completely Stunning! Incredible! Beautiful!

My only question, how much does it cost a month in electricity to run this tank? :lol:

Mike

Yea, that tank is probably the cleanest, most waste free aquarium I have ever seen. I doubt he has many questions to ask for help. Looks Perfect!

Macnreef- the guy the owns the www.orgeonreef.com tank suggests that his bill was upped to 300 a month extra due to the tank and his isn't nearly as illuminated as this one. Im sure this guy using RedDraggon pumps helps out a lot too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6675595#post6675595 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by parshmar
They have put us to shame since this hobby started. Our tanks (as a whole) have never been as nice as the European tanks, it's not even close. Where do you think we get all our technology from?
My two cents as a non-American.

I find your statement to be true, especially for SPS dominant tanks.

Not only are the European tanks nicer looking than the American ones (in general), I find that the Singaporean and Japanese tanks are better looking as well.

wow.....
that is an amazing tank, I'm glad that everything is real and that it has a sandbed.
I'm also curious as to what business it is in. Also, do you have any pics of the 125g seahorse tank that was mentioned?

While this tank of the month is clearly beautiful and envy of every hobbist, I'd like to ask something slightly different. This tank is setup less than 1 year (not sure exactly how long, but the article mentions the initial remodeling date). Should we celebrate a tank that's in its infancy? If achieving a balanced (and beautiful) miniecosystem is one the goals of this hobby, then longevity is clearly an important consideration. There are several tanks that've been around for a long time, I propose we consider "old" tanks for TOM too. Again, this is not a criticism of this tank, which may be just as beautiful in 10 years.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6678100#post6678100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Skipper
Hey Greg. The tank is located in a store dealing with fireplaces.
Thanks! I live in Florida but I'd still buy a fireplace from him just to check out the tank!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6678257#post6678257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sinbad
While this tank of the month is clearly beautiful and envy of every hobbist, I'd like to ask something slightly different. This tank is setup less than 1 year (not sure exactly how long, but the article mentions the initial remodeling date). Should we celebrate a tank that's in its infancy? If achieving a balanced (and beautiful) miniecosystem is one the goals of this hobby, then longevity is clearly an important consideration. There are several tanks that've been around for a long time, I propose we consider "old" tanks for TOM too. Again, this is not a criticism of this tank, which may be just as beautiful in 10 years.
I don't think that a tank should be looked at less because of it's success early on, rather it is more of an accomplishment to be able to make the ecosystem work correctly quickly.

Yes, Sinbad. We consider old tanks too. If you'd like to nominate some, feel free to use the link in my first post of this thread. I have never intended to rule out ANY tanks from possible inclusion. Small, large, medium... size is not an issue. Nor are most any other criteria.

And, as a counterpoint, should I only select OLD tanks? If so, I doubt I'd be able to find a Tank of the Month each month. Maybe every six months, if that was the criteria. :D

Back