Tear in Pump Cord

tpallas

I have an older style Mini 160. I've been having issues with the pump and discovered this today. Do I need to replace the entire pump block?

Attachments

• Skimmer.jpg
    Skimmer.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2
I have an older style Mini 160. I've been having issues with the pump and discovered this today. Do I need to replace the entire pump block?

Not sure why I didn't get a notification for your post. Sorry for the late reply. A new motor would be the best bet but you can try liquid electrical tape. Just clean the cord well before applying it.

Thank you. I accidentally ordered the pump version without the AKB. Is that a problem? When I installed it, the pump is making an audible humming noise, it clearly isn't working correctly. I tried just the pump (no air), and it is still making the noise. Any ideas

Thank you. I accidentally ordered the pump version without the AKB. Is that a problem? When I installed it, the pump is making an audible humming noise, it clearly isn't working correctly. I tried just the pump (no air), and it is still making the noise. Any ideas

I think we communicated yesterday or the day before. Capping off the AKB port on the pumps output would be the thing I’d do first. Soaking the impeller and pump cover in undiluted vinegar and scrubbing them well would be next. The hum is either from water exiting the AKB port on the pumps output or possibly from the impellers bearing having some buildup in it. Thus cleaning it should help. Also double check that the bearing in the inside of the motor block is properly seated inside the motorblock before the impeller goes in.

Back