teardrop maxima - other color

Hi,
The second link, it is a blue dotted squo from what I saw these Clams are getting nice colors only when they are very big.

You can get some of those in Singapore, but they are huge, bigger than a basketball, freight would be a killer even if you have a space for them.

The first link is one of a kind, I'm ready to pay!

Same goes for a Blue-Green TD Max.

Vili_Shark-
If interested, I will sell my 6+" shades of blue teardrop (see
pic in this thread)....also have a shades of green 8" teardrop,
I will sell.... Dennis (fish2223) in Los Angeles.....

Adding NY on my way, to visit my Cuz.

If anybody knows of such clam in the east coast, I'll appreciate your help on the sunbject.

Tks.

Hi all,

I'm the owner of the Blue-dotted Squomosa. Since I have received quite many emails, let me give you a brief background information of this clam.

Usually the ongoing retail price for such quality and size (15"-20") is around 300-500 USD. I got for such a low price beacuse the owner is my friend and also my wife placed a very specifc order with him many months ago.... :lol:

This clam came from "South China Sea", somewhere south of Hinan Island.

Last edited:
Here is the other clam I purchased few years back, approx 14" with very good color and pattern. I forgot the price since it was very expensive.... :D

Came from Southern Vitnam.

Last edited:
wow. i am impress and very jealous. :thumbsup:

do you ever see any crazy looking clams in HK? or is that as rare as it is here?

I think macaw an give you a better answer than me, as he knows the place much better.
From my experience HK is the best place in the world for Marine fish, very high quality, huge variety, and much cheaper prices than anywhere I've been.
For Clams, I saw some really high quality clams, usually from VietNam, and some shop owners says they started from Australia too.
Walt Smith Clams can be found as well.

Yeah, there are many colorful plus good pattern clams around. Around 2-4".

Most of the clams are from Southern China and rest of them from Vietnam. Despite many shop owners stated Austrila import but I know that the supplier got those clams from mainland China via a "seafood" premit!! Yes, food!

I guess Mainland Chinese/ Vietnamese government will tighten this loop-hole soon.

Since you mentioned Blue Squamies, I had to post this one. It used to be housed at New York Aquaria, but I have no idea where it is now.

NYA-blue-squamosa.jpg

Did I mention how much I want one of these!?

-Joe

ScavDog said:
Since you mentioned Blue Squamies, I had to post this one. It used to be housed at New York Aquaria, but I have no idea where it is now.

NYA-blue-squamosa.jpg

Did I mention how much I want one of these!?

-Joe

I think I read a thread a while back about someone stealing it or something.

Hi Scavdog,

Just a basic question about posting an image here.

How do you insert an image so it will open immediately without clicking on a link?

Thank you

Back