Terry's 180 Peninsula Reef build.

Replace it, check for local glass stores, I have one in my area that can order that glass cut it, bevel etc. I had a 72"x4" 1/2" piece cut for a Euro brace I did a while back, about 50$ a pop which I didn't think was to bad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

looks fantastic. let us know on the euro brace - the sistering with a good silicon like RTV108 seems like a reasonable way to go - interested to see what miracles says

On the advice of a YouTube comment, I added braces under the back corner of the tank.

Bulkheads are installed. Tank is clean, and the broken eurobrace is removed. Waiting on the new glass (which should be any day now) and I can get that installed.

I'd like to water test the tank again now that it is in the basement.
2338379e5249dfd67acf13c9449955b6.jpg
b839c9c9b36b25886f414cd728209cde.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tank is full of rock, sand and saltwater. Plumbing is finished, and so far no leaks.

The Alk in the new tank is like 10, so I am going to let it come down a bit before I open the valves. Otherwise, so far, so good.
5af883a1a6b31939d2d5dca2422b26b8.jpg
86c6c3fc70939e3a793d10b25fa77116.jpg

Wow... very humbled. You will have to have a party when you are ready. Would love to see it in person. If you need to unload frags, let me know.

Everything looks really great Terry! Congratulations. Can't wait to see the 420 all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

So far, all is well. I replumbed the drains and return manifold. I raised the drains up a bit, to get more downward flow. I also replaced the ball valve on the full siphon with a gate valve that I had completely forgotten that I bought. I also redid the return manifold. There was a slow drip leak that was driving me nuts. I added in some unions, so I can remove the whole return if I need to.

I bought a Imperator Angel and Magnificent Foxface and added them to the big tank. They are doing well.

Wow... very humbled. You will have to have a party when you are ready. Would love to see it in person. If you need to unload frags, let me know.
I'd love to host a get together. I've got frags coming out of my ears. Red and green montipora, Olive stag, purple stylophora, pink, gree and blue bird'snest. Among others

I came up with a cheap lighting solution for now. I bought two 5000K LED flood lights on clamp fixtures and moved my 72" Reef Brite strip downstairs. It will work for now.
af37a36df10a7f5e8bc0a1b576f72034.jpg
84b9658b171d2fd659a8be2de58acf72.jpg
c0a52458dbce68e9bf7efe46e419e91f.jpg

Looks like you went with the larger drain as the siphon and the other as the emergency. Not sure it matters. Mine is the reverse. I'm in need of frags ;-). When you are ready. I'm out of town for a bit as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow , haven't been keeping up with reef central. I'm down the road. Would have came and helped out. RIDICULOUS!!! I 've got to look into travel nursing. Park Ridge RN pay wouldn't cover fish food. You are in deep, love it.

Thought of you're giant tank when I made this video- not sure how much it is taking to heat your tanks, but it might be worth it
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVrCGSLD1Zo" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back