Testing regime

Kh 9.3
Po4 .25

I’m experiencing somethings not right , Xenia is closed up, zoas half open , mushrooms half retracted

There was a load of black bits in my ato , I presume carbon particles , also a couple of rock hard lumps black 1” so I’ve emptied and cleaned the ato

I put carbon online yesterday hoping it would improve things but still the same

Any ideas guys?

I might add that while I was away 5 days my light fell in the water and blew , also my po4 and no3 bottomed out to 0

Nitrates now 1

ORP could be the issue. The light falling in the tank could also contribute. Take it slow and see what happens. Carbon and water change certainly won’t hurt.

Maybe my orp is too high since I’m running ozone and haven’t tested it as I’m waiting calibration fluid
Switched off for now

Ozone is not something to mess with.

Ozone certainly could be it if you raised orp to fast.
Also ozone can kill your corals if it is making it into the tank which is doubtful unless you are running it really high or adding it directly to the tank.
How are you dosing it? If in a reactor or skimmer in sump the output should be run through carbon.

Also saw your thread where softies were closing up. Ozone can significantly can clear up water increasing light penetration and this could be the cause. Softies certainly will close up to increased light till they acclimate to increased light.

You should not blindly use ozone. Also remember ozone is bad for humans.

Last edited:
I increased ozone slowly and currently it was on 2 hours during the night in 30 minute intervals with a 1000mg/h unit , I couldn’t smell it
It goes into the skimmer water inlet in the next chamber is carbon

I didn’t notice any clarity improvements with it but since the carbon yesterday it’s now crystal clear

It’s not light because 4 days ago it was receiving 80 par until my light fell in the water and now it’s at 20 so that doesn’t suggest it’s light , other softies in that area are ok

Morning guys

Today’s parameters are

Salinity 1.026
Temp 26.3
Ph 8.1
Calcium 455
Magnesium 1245
Phosphate 0.05
Kh 8.1
Nitrate - new aqua forest kit is orange!?
Iodine 0.08

Kh 6.6 ( added 4g buffer)

Didn’t think my large hammer would increase the all usage so much in 1 day

Attachments

• IMG_2816-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_2816-compressed.jpeg
    948.6 KB · Views: 2
Back