That Fish Place

Shnabbles

Did anyone go yesturday??

How was there coral stock?

Thinking about going here soon just want to make sure the 2 hour drive is worth it.

My sis (Bloop) said they had some nice multi-colored zoos but not a great selection of anything in particular.
Usually they aren't heavily stocked with the exception of some shrooms and some scroll type corals and a few brains. There Lordies are always few and far between as well as rics.
I think they purposely keep there stock level minimal for ease of maintanence and animal quality. There turnover rate for some of there corals is very squick.

They had some nice gorgonia (purples and yellows), nice zoas, two neato plates (one flourescent pink and one orange, I believe). I bought a nice tooth coral and two to four stuck together ricordia for the price of one. Everything else was green or fleshy colored. Some of those beautiful blue clams, too. Everything seemed to look healthy (always a bonus), but I just was not impressed with the color selection within their variety. I am so acustomed to going up there and being wowed, I guess.

They did have some nice zoas. I picked up a fire and ice frag that is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide with zoas all the way around. I may have to frag it into 2 pieces just to have a base to rest on the bottom. Nice piece...maybe I'll sell the other half of the frag...hmmm...

I went on Sunday. I really thought they would be sold out. I got a nice pink skunk clown too. I came home to a bad thing though. My frillie mushrooms had decided to have a meltdown, well they were near a brand new beautiful 10 mouthed colony of orange rics that decided to go down the tubes with them. I lost all but one ric. It was my fault though, I moved the frillies and stressed them out completely.

Back