The Bubble-Magus Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISMANU, I also have a NAC6a. The first month it was very quiet. But after a month my NAC6a started to hum, even after taking it a part many times. So now I just gave up. It really sucks because this skimmer is in my bedroom. But it works really good. Later on, I will replace the pump with a psk600 or get a SWC needle wheel.

Is there a DIY muffler for the BM's? I have a 3+ and would like to quiet down the intake tube. Also my pump site lower then the base so it was not stable. I took the padded tape off the pump and put it on the legs to give it some stability. Have you seen this issue as well? If so what did you do to make it permanent??

Craig

FYI system is 2 10's a custom 15( on the way) and a 20 feeding into a 20 gallon sump.
Mantis wall as I call it

You can't expect to have a skimmer to work the same way it works for others by just dialing the wedge pipe in the same position. Each tank has different bio loads, nutrients to export and even salinity. All that counts for the skimmer. Around 4 seems to be close to the sweet spot but from there you have to adjust to your preference according to the performance.

BTW, factory impellers suck. Mine broke a few weeks later. The spare didn't worked at all. I posted this while ago:
meshback.jpg

Is there a DIY muffler for the BM's? I have a 3+ and would like to quiet down the intake tube. Also my pump site lower then the base so it was not stable. I took the padded tape off the pump and put it on the legs to give it some stability. Have you seen this issue as well? If so what did you do to make it permanent??

Craig

FYI system is 2 10's a custom 15( on the way) and a 20 feeding into a 20 gallon sump.
Mantis wall as I call it

You can make one yourself out of PVC. All you need to (2) 3/4" or 1" PVC end caps amd one short peice to go between them. Drill a hole in the end of each cap so your air line fits snuggly into the end caps.

You can't expect to have a skimmer to work the same way it works for others by just dialing the wedge pipe in the same position. Each tank has different bio loads, nutrients to export and even salinity. All that counts for the skimmer. Around 4 seems to be close to the sweet spot but from there you have to adjust to your preference according to the performance.

BTW, factory impellers suck. Mine broke a few weeks later. The spare didn't worked at all. I posted this while ago:
meshback.jpg

Thats strange you guys had problems with your factory meshwheels. I bought my nac6 in June of '09 and kept until June of '10 and used the original one that came installed on the pump. I didn't even have to break into the spare that came with it.
When did you purchase yours and if ya dont mind answering who did ya get it from?

I just started up my BM NAC 6 yesterday for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that I had to prime the air-intake by blowing into the top of the muffler. If I didn't, bubbles wouldn't start in the chamber. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution around this? TIA!

i just start up my BM Nac6 today. it is extremely noisy when i put the air intake tube in. is there something wrong with my air intake? thanks.

has anybody used or have any info on the nac-66 skimmer ??? it runs 2 atman 2500 pumps looking for a bubble magus for a 220 plus 55 gal. sump or maybe a 75 gallon gal.

I was previously running a KZ Revolution S on my 190g Display, that I was very satisfied with but ended up trading it for a Tunze setup.

Because I've heard nothing but great things about the BM Skimmers, I just recently purchased an NAC7 from a member here. I had intended to purchase a 180cs but found it very difficult to find.

Do you think the NAC7 will be able to handle a 190g setup (fairly light bioload). Will swapping the Atman pump to a Askoll/Laguna or Sicce psk2500 boost performance and if so, would it really be worth the price to pay for the upgrade?

I've had the BM 160 for about 2 years. Great skimmer - but it is really loud.
The skimmer produces about 90% of all the noise from the setup. It makes a loud humming noise. Is there a way to make the sound go away? I tried putting a rubber mat under the skimmer - but it didn't make a difference.

My NAC6 does not start after long power outage. I was able to start the pump before by blowing into air tube, but yesterday power went out for an hour and I could not start the pump at all. Plus there is electricity in the water. So I guess pump is gone.

I was going to by just another Atman PH2500 this morning, but I just could not find it anywhere. Does anybody know what's the deal? Did they decide to completely stop selling such a crappy pumps or what?
What would be a suitable replacement pump by any other brand?

Well it was either a WM K2 or the NAC7 so... I guess I'm officially in the BMC now :thumbsup: Pics of uber skimmate coming soon!

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

*Still interested to know if the Atman pump can be upgraded to a Sicce, Laguna, etc.???

I'm looking at switching up skimmers from an aquac ev-180 on my 90g tank. I currently have a medium bioload and will eventually have a heavy load. Would the NAC6A or NAC7 be a better choice? They are both listed as able to handle a 90g with a heavy bioload...

Use the na6a. I've got a brand new one that I'm looking to get rid of. I bought it, tested it to make sure it was quiet, then put it up 'til i was ready. I decided to sell the tank it was meant for, so it's now for sale. PM me if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back