The Build Begins

The hinges can be a little bit of a pain, but the look is worth it. Put the last finishing touches on it only to come up a board short. Isn't always like that?

The wood I put on tonight is a little darker because it hasn't been sanded. I figure a good three hours of sanding and it will be close to ready for stain.

Stand015.jpg

Stand013.jpg

I didn't hinge the sides. I figured that the front opening up all the way was going to be good enough.

Congrats man, that looks great! So now, stain and varnish? I got a pretty hot tip on some really nice laquer if you need, let me know~

Here's the Dart and the Oceans Motions. I threw my keys in there for some persective.

Stand016.jpg

Here's what there sitting on. The picture is a little dark, the side is the same color as the front. You'll see another fine example of why I'm not a painter by trade. I still have to put another coat of stain on it, do a little touch up, get Jason's lacquer trick, and then finish the interior, but I'm very happy with it so far!

Stand019.jpg

thats pretty nice mike.

Comming along really nice accually.

-you going to paint or stain the inside as well? -or be like me and never finish it :lol:

I think I'm going to paint it all white. I bought some masking stuff today to compensate for the lack in painting skills and more white paint.

Don't worry Frank, there will be something I never finish!

You're going to love that dart! Words of wisdom: make sure your fittings are tight. Sequence recommends using teflon paste, but I could not find it so I just went with the tape...big mistake. I wound up having to silicone the males to the pump to get a seal.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8622464#post8622464 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jasalmanza
You're going to love that dart! Words of wisdom: make sure your fittings are tight. Sequence recommends using teflon paste, but I could not find it so I just went with the tape...big mistake. I wound up having to silicone the males to the pump to get a seal.

thats real good info right there!

Well, after and other projects, I'm back on the big one again! I made the internal bracing for my hood.

90Gal005.jpg

The IceCap lights just fit inside, it's kind of scary

90Gal006.jpg

And to answer Jeff’s question about the difference between the IceCap and Tek Reflectors. I thought I would show you the writing on the bulb. Nothing like polished aluminum!

90Gal010.jpg

Back