The Build Begins

Very Nice. Don't forget to get the frag tank up and running. Matt will be sending some goodies real soon!

I'm putting water in it on Wednesday afternoon! I already have rock that's been cooking for 6 months, the lights should be here by next week at the latest, the tank should be ready soon!

Mike, Any chance on ligting it up with one of the T-5's you have already? Frags are coming on monday and I need to either set up my 25 long with a halide on top (man the wife is going to kill me when she sees the elecricity bill) or we can put everything in the frag tank if it is ready.

Good! glad to hear that. I do have a 25 long ready with some NO flourecents that will work for holding them temporarly. Oh, BTW if anyone cares, I priced glass out today for a 150 gallon 5' X 2'X2' tank Eurobraced and made from 1/2" plate glass. Price was 50000 Yen. Same tank out of 3/8 glass was 43000 yen. Not too bad really.

50k yen would build the rest of what you have Jeff. Keep what you have.

BTW, the tank is flowing. Really, really nice accually.

BTW #2. Rememeber me sayin I just keep adding calcium to the tank. Well, after we ate dinner I thought, I should test it. I stopped at 700ppm ...and could have continued on. :lol: I think a water change is a MUST this weekend.

It actually won't cost that much more to run it. Teh same equipemtn I would put on the 75 would go on the 150 only 1 additional 250 watt halide.

OK, I thought I would share the latest progress...

The hood is complete with room for more lights if need be.

90Gal012.jpg

90Gal011.jpg

Back view

90Gal019.jpg

Front view of stand and tank

90Gal016.jpg

Now all I have to do is the electrical inside the tank, build a sump, run a mile of piping, and test it all.

Back