**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

I didn't like that I had to use a Windows OS, all my computers are Mac so I had to buy a laptop to program. I also didn't like that I had to break out the lap top and hook up light to it every time I wanted to adjust lighting program.
I'm not too sure why they even have the controls on the light itself, those were pretty useless, I couldn't even imagine programming the light from that little screen.

I feel like it was a little over complicated.

Most disappointed about the violet failure though.

I will be trying another LED fixture soon, would love to stick with GHL but the G4 radion is also tempting.

The Radions will require a reeflink for wifi setup as well. Can't wait for the Mitras t oget on my tank.

i think it would be worth while to spend the extra cash and get the latest fixture. its nice that the new LX 7 has Violet and Ultra Violet, the 6200 only has Violet.

How are the moon light setting on the LX7?

On the 6200 i loved that the light followed a natural moon cycle, going from new moon progressing for 2 weeks to full moon then waning for 2 weeks back to new moon. The only thing i didn't like was the moonlight was too bright, i could never figure out how to adjust the intensity of the moonlight, not sure there was a way.

Is it worth paid for a mitas LX7 having the 6200HV?? what do you think about it?

I have both versions here and I greatly prefer the color of the corals under the LX7. On the LX7, there is one less white channel that really ins't needed and that channel is replaced with the 385nm UV channel which can help colors in corals fluoresce a bit more and is a spectrum that is absent in the LX6200. The LX7 also has the benefit of a built in WiFi controller making it easy to connect to MyGHL which allows you to control the light from anywhere as well as from your smart phone. While you can't currently modify a project in MyGHL, you can change the color and intensity of the light from MyGHL. There are other benefits of the LX7 too but for me, those are the key ones. If I had to choose between the two, it's a no brainer. The LX7 improves upon an already great light (LX6200).

I've got 1x 6200 that is from 2012/11 w/ retro'ed 6200 clusters, 1x 6200 w/ 2013/11 date code, all have been running for years! Great lights, just recently added a third 6200 over my 240g!

YNYd4NU.jpg

Absolutely no issues, great lights!!!

I've got 1x 6200 that is from 2012/11 w/ retro'ed 6200 clusters, 1x 6200 w/ 2013/11 date code, all have been running for years! Great lights, just recently added a third 6200 over my 240g!

Absolutely no issues, great lights!!!

Good to know!

I have both versions here and I greatly prefer the color of the corals under the LX7. On the LX7, there is one less white channel that really ins't needed and that channel is replaced with the 385nm UV channel which can help colors in corals fluoresce a bit more and is a spectrum that is absent in the LX6200. The LX7 also has the benefit of a built in WiFi controller making it easy to connect to MyGHL which allows you to control the light from anywhere as well as from your smart phone. While you can't currently modify a project in MyGHL, you can change the color and intensity of the light from MyGHL. There are other benefits of the LX7 too but for me, those are the key ones. If I had to choose between the two, it's a no brainer. The LX7 improves upon an already great light (LX6200).

i think it would be worth while to spend the extra cash and get the latest fixture. its nice that the new LX 7 has Violet and Ultra Violet, the 6200 only has Violet.

Thanks for your responses. Maybe I decide to upgrade only the clusters. Cheaper option unless wifi controller and other improvements wont be available.

My ceiling is angled, so I can't really get the height from the water surface I would like. My 6 bulb ATI is 7 inches from the water. I could probably get the Mitras an inch or two higher. Do you guys think this is gonna be problematic? Obviously I'd have to probably run at a lower intensity.

My ceiling is angled, so I can't really get the height from the water surface I would like. My 6 bulb ATI is 7 inches from the water. I could probably get the Mitras an inch or two higher. Do you guys think this is gonna be problematic? Obviously I'd have to probably run at a lower intensity.

It should be ok. The only thing the mitras dont have over ATIs is the ability to tilt forward or back from wires. This could easily be accomplished if they put two mounting screws on the left and two on the right with a wire like assembly like ATI uses.

The mount Slief uses is awesome but requires something to mount it to. You will just have to measure once, twice, and maybe even thrice before you start making holes in your ceiling.

I suggest using these if you want a fast easy job mounting stuff in your ceiling!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/E-Z-Anco...d-Anchors-with-Screws-20-Pack-25216/100185538

I use those for small jobs, hanging pictures on the walls or lights from the ceiling. I dont even check for studs because the metal ones drill into studs too.

Oh sorry was referring to jmunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monday!

Only thing I'm real nervous about is being able to mount it at the right angle/height. I REALLY did not think about that when placing my tank below this close angled ceiling (was my first ever tank, so I'll cut myself a break).

You could always rig floating canopy can't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately not. I'll have to wait and see when I get my lights. I'll make a new thread and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to do it. (don't wanna highjack this thread).

I'm excited to see the results/projects soon to be shared here!

I added another PAR graphic to the first post of this thread.
100% power, all channels. :)

Really loving these Mitras. This is the end of sunset phase just before the lights went out tonight. The colors in the tank are spectacular. These pictures do no justice. Especially the full tank shot that is much more blue than the deeper purple look it has in person.
IMG_4511_zpsohe8fc6h.jpg

These two pictures are a bit closer to what I see.
IMG_4512_zpsbls4kwhz.jpg

IMG_4513_zpsgdjueumj.jpg

Really loving these Mitras. This is the end of sunset phase just before the lights went out tonight. The colors in the tank are spectacular. These pictures do no justice. Especially the full tank shot that is much more blue than the deeper purple look it has in person.
IMG_4511_zpsohe8fc6h.jpg

These two pictures are a bit closer to what I see.
IMG_4512_zpsbls4kwhz.jpg

IMG_4513_zpsgdjueumj.jpg

I really can't wait for mine to show up. I ordered one for my new display and next month I will order one for the frag tank.

Back