**The GHL Mitras LX7 LED**

Thanks!!

I was all over on intensity, I would watch the corals and see how they were responding and adjust accordingly. The computer on the light itself was useful for this, I would go into settings, energy options, high output, and adjust max intensity.

If corals were light I would lower intensity, if they were responding well I would increase. I've been all the way up to 80% but found the corals were happiest at 72% with the spectrums I was using. I always ran the light in High Output.

I feel that corals under LED are very sensitive to changes in water quality, quite a few times I was able to save the corals from complete bleaching by dropping intensity to 40% or lower if necessary and slowly ramping up when they looked happier.

Be careful with the intensity of these lights, they are powerful!!

Just got my pair of 7200s yesterday and spent the afternoon getting them installed and working. (Big thanks to Slief for the link to the custom pivoting mounts.) I must say they got rid of almost all the shadowing I was starting to get. I'm sure I'll be tweaking the light program over the coming weeks, but I currently have the lights running in High efficiency mode about 80% on blues/hyper-v, 50% on the blue-white, about 25% sky-w, warm-w, red, green, and started about 15% on UV. Gives an output spectrum of roughly 16000K.

picture.php

Just got my pair of 7200s yesterday and spent the afternoon getting them installed and working. (Big thanks to Slief for the link to the custom pivoting mounts.) I must say they got rid of almost all the shadowing I was starting to get. I'm sure I'll be tweaking the light program over the coming weeks, but I currently have the lights running in High efficiency mode about 80% on blues/hyper-v, 50% on the blue-white, about 25% sky-w, warm-w, red, green, and started about 15% on UV. Gives an output spectrum of roughly 16000K.

picture.php

Very cool! :)

I think I'll be lowering my intensity again today. These suckers are stronger than they seem. :lol:

Yeah, they are strong. I originally had them on high output mode and then switched to high efficiency to mellow them out a little. My existing Hydra HDs were running pretty high, but I'm still not sure how everything is going to respond so I'm trying not to overdo it. The control center app seems pretty cool and has a lot of functionality in it.

How many 7200's do you think for a 60x24x24 sca 150? Mostly lps and maybe some easy sps in future. Think 2 would be enough without shadows?

How many 7200's do you think for a 60x24x24 sca 150? Mostly lps and maybe some easy sps in future. Think 2 would be enough without shadows?

For softies and LPS, you could get away with 2 just fine though you might want them up a bit higher (12") off the water for best coverage. You'd be able to keep SPS as well but just not at the ends of the tank. For an SPS dominant tank, 3 would be off the charts!

This is a great looking light. I'm guessing that because it's made by GHL it's probably not controllable through an Apex?

It's wifi controllable why would I care about apex controlling my light? Plus once you dialed in your won't change it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I am set to get my new light in tomorrow. My tank is a 24x24x20 cube and was wondering how high you think I should center the light and what intensity I should start out at?

I was thinking 12" off water and 30% max for now. I am coming from an ATI 4 bulb t5/led hybrid.

Slief is there a link to your profile, I know someone created a dropbox for profiles but is yours in there or can you email it to me? I will be up tomorrow night working on the lighting profile and figuring out the GHL control center program.

This is a great looking light. I'm guessing that because it's made by GHL it's probably not controllable through an Apex?

No. Not Apex controllable but as Scuzy mentioned, it is Wifi controllable and the GCC (GHL Control Center) program is very powerful and give us the ability to share lighting project files, set the color spectrum based on Kelvin ranges, change fan speed settings, switch from high efficiency mode to high output mode, set mins and max limits on different channels for power balancing, setup cloud and thunder storms as well as lunar cycles. You can also program the lights via the My GHL cloud interface which is nice too though I do like GCC since it has much more control in terms of the different features of the lights.

That's one thing that is really nice about GHL vs Ecotech. Wifi is built in and no "Reeflink" is needed. One of my pet peeves is when a company makes you buy another product in order to control or set up their lights/pumps.

My biggest pet peeve about ecotech is the inability to control the vectra pumps via Apex WXM. Ideally, the WXM should be able to link everything but in order to update firmware or control the Vectra series of pumps you must have the reeflink.

It's wifi controllable why would I care about apex controlling my light? Plus once you dialed in your won't change it much.

I made the investment in the Apex equipment. I would prefer to keep all of my equipment control under one dashboard no matter how often I may or may not need to adjust it.

No. Not Apex controllable but as Scuzy mentioned, it is Wifi controllable and the GCC (GHL Control Center) program is very powerful and give us the ability to share lighting project files, set the color spectrum based on Kelvin ranges, change fan speed settings, switch from high efficiency mode to high output mode, set mins and max limits on different channels for power balancing, setup cloud and thunder storms as well as lunar cycles. You can also program the lights via the My GHL cloud interface which is nice too though I do like GCC since it has much more control in terms of the different features of the lights.

Is the GHL Control Center an app or is it something to do with the Profilux controller? If someone didn't have the Profilux controller could they still use all of the functions of the lights?

That's one thing that is really nice about GHL vs Ecotech. Wifi is built in and no "Reeflink" is needed. One of my pet peeves is when a company makes you buy another product in order to control or set up their lights/pumps.

My biggest pet peeve about ecotech is the inability to control the vectra pumps via Apex WXM. Ideally, the WXM should be able to link everything but in order to update firmware or control the Vectra series of pumps you must have the reeflink.

I agree. The only way this will change is through consumer behavior. In my opinion, they are missing the boat. They are chopping off their nose to spite their face.

Is the GHL Control Center an app or is it something to do with the Profilux controller? If someone didn't have the Profilux controller could they still use all of the functions of the lights?

GCC is the PC software used to program the lights.
You do not need a Profilux. I don't currently have one on my nano. They are two completely separate items.

I'm sure the native app has a lot more controlled than what's available on the apex if it was controllable. Just like the vortects had less control even with the wxm module.

GCC is the PC software used to program the lights.
You do not need a Profilux. I don't currently have one on my nano. They are two completely separate items.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to look into these lights a little further.

Very nice write up! It's about time there's a LX7 thread here on RC! I just installed 6 of the LX7's over my main display and the colors that I am seeing in my corals are spectacular. I had an early LX7 demo unit over my frag tank for that last few months which I was lucky enough to get my hands on after MACNA and that sold me on them.

It's great that we now have an LX7 thread here on RC. This could be a great thread for sharing projects and settings. I am still finalizing my settings as I am in the acclimation process still but I will be sure to share my settings as well. One thing that is really nice about the GHL software is that you can pick your kelvin range and use that to create your ramp points so the color matches or have a higher kelvin for the dusk/dawn effect and a lower kelvin for peak lighting periods with a nice natural ramping transition between. What I also found cool was the fact that they connect to the network via wifi so you don't need the included USB cable to make changes to them. I also liked the fact that you can control and program them via GHL Control Center software or the MyGHL cloud interface.

Here are a few shots of mine. As I said, I am still acclimating my tank to the new lights on my rack. I am still trying to determine if 6 of them will be enough which it appears as though will work if I have the lights up high enough and the intensity up enough. I am still acclimating to the new lights so I have 8 of my 10 original Kessils up there at the moment.
IMG_4465_zps1jcefkpc.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsjolhwncj.jpg

IMG_4461_zps1nwjx9uq.jpg

IMG_4458_zpsj8a5qv8a.jpg

I can't help but be impressed by this lighting setup. Awesome.

My local shop called my lights should be in tomorrow. Can't wait to get them.

Woohoo just picked them up
c67de2c3e41e67275f6aac555ee8e16b.jpg

Will install this weekend.

Anyone know how to setup a way to quickly put the light in a special mode for taking photos? Can it be done without going into GHLCC? Anyone have a good profile for taking photos? Should I keep the color spectrum around 10k or close to it?

Back