The Life of Blue Spots Tank 1800L

The Life of Blue Spots Tank 1800L

• Total voters
Hi everyone, I am so lazy on my updates lately but I’m still going strong on the tank. Byropsis , and yes I’m going to say this...... is history. The thrush treatment eventually did the trick. In the end I left it in for longer than 2 weeks (closer to 4). Before turning the skimmer back on and I have not seen any back at all. So this is fantastic news . Corals are all growing which I am also pleased about and nothing has died at all !! So at the moment everything is going well . I have no blue spot in the tank , but while I still have the squirrel Fish I am not going to attempt this yet. We also have a new puppy addition to the family so I’ll also post a few pictures of Lola . All good .

I just read your entire thread. All I can say is WOW!!! Your fortitude never wavered were many would have just gave up. It was sad to here about your aquarium losses as well the loss of your beloved, Maddy.

Getting to this point of your thread to find your steadfast determination has led to a calm and hopefully a chance to step back to enjoy the tranquility a marine aquarium can bring to the day. Many of us that have been in this hobby for a long time have experience and learned from those good and bad phases in the day and life of this hobby. Believe me, it gets better with age/experiance. "It is the Journey, Not the Arrival Matters" Thank you for the candid and forward thread to read.

Cheers dean. Hopefully if nothing else I have been honest :) nobody would admit to some of my failures. I am not flippant about killing things in the tank and I try realy hard to keep things alive and healthy . but the one thing I am learning is intervention is not always the best cure and sometimes trying to get perfection can cause more problems at the detriment of the creatures in the tank. A prime example of this was my ph 8.2 obsession.... i’m over it now thank goodness . it’s 7.90 and that’s that :)

pictures
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and this is Lola :) Although not technically a fish and currently super cute, I am suspicious that she may be some type of hairy piranha !

Can you see the pictures ? When I click they have gone ?? If you want to see any of the pictures I have made albums , but I don't know how to link them . Maybe you can find them by clicking on my name if you want to see them.

This week I added a larger gyre and the control box to my tank . Found it a little complicated to program so I just set it to one of the presets (after you tubing to find out how to do this) I like tech but for some reason I found this complicated .... Anyway ... what a difference it has made , I now have this lovely flow going on in my tank that changes throughout the day , somthing I have never been able to achieve by myself. As an added bonus (and I promise I am not obsessed about this ) but my ph has gone up to a stable 8.1 in the day 8 on a night . Also my fish seem to be loving it ! More of them are out and about , even the pipe fish are more adventurous than normal. Great product , bit wierd to program .

Tanks all going good. No issues, everything growing , I have had a jumper which I’m a bit annoyed at myself about , left a 3 inch gap on my net and my yellow bar hogfish jumped . Had this fish for ages and found it all dried out . It was looking realy good aswell , interesting fish to watch with lovely colours .
Done some maintenance aswell , soaked everything in vinegar to remove any Coraline build up, worked great ��

Well it's been a serious age since I have wrote on here . I do still have a tank ;) it is doing realy well, well for me it's doing well. Nothing dead . Norm nem split into three , gone a bit crazy on mushrooms for some reason , but my sps is doing seriously well . I will get some pics for you . , still running triton , the only real change is I have 2 of the large gyres now

Hi everyone. Just to let you know tank is still up and running . I've got some pictures to put on , but it's been so long I've forgotten how to do it ;) . Fish doing well most of them are still the same original fish in the thread (after the big white spot , nutmeg wipeout) corals are up and down , I don't mess very much with the tank now , and it does better for it :) but it does tend to cycle for me , sometimes my so's are taking off and the lps slows but I assume this is due to levels in the tank . Equipment again nothing new or exciting still the same stuff and still working well . But pictures are better than words so I'll try to remember how to do this .

Well I can’t even see the old pictures in the thread let alone get new ones on . Anyone know how I get the pictures on ?

So I still have a tank everyone . At the moment it has lots of fish and nems. Corals took a burn out . I had a phos rise and everything I had growing bleached . I think it was from the death of a very large engineer goby which I just could not get out the tank

I have plans to change my tank . Still a large tank but want to reconfigure the shape. Also my marine ply stand is looking worryingly warped , so next one will go for an ally stand , so hopefully we revive my thread , trying to take the things I've learned from my first big tank and apply them to the new one . I hope I have learned a lot now and lots of things I would do different . Keep you posted :)

Back