The Life Reef Skimmer Club

So my svs-24 has been running on my very new tank for about two weeks now.

Very light bioload, 2 clowns, midas, and a 2 conchs in a 120g plus sump.

It's pulling some gunk based on the smell, but skimming very wet.

I'm tempted to tune the input down to slim dryer.
Any downside to this?

Thanks,
C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size is the Ventura hose? Looking for the tee to add ozone.
Thanks
Matt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was wondering I have jeff's 24 skimmer back fro 2000 . When I bought it it came with a mag 9.5 ...I recently wanted to change pumps and plumbed a vectra s1 .....would anyone here think it would be ok
3ac662d21fc81684d03193499c729462.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It should be ok but due to pressure you would probably run it at 100%

So my svs-24 has been running on my very new tank for about two weeks now.

Very light bioload, 2 clowns, midas, and a 2 conchs in a 120g plus sump.

It's pulling some gunk based on the smell, but skimming very wet.

I'm tempted to tune the input down to slim dryer.
Any downside to this?

Thanks,
C

No downside. I would test your nutrients first then run it dryer and re-test after a couple days

Thanks for the feedback.
Turns out I have a new issue now. Did. Water change over the weeekend.

Turned the skimmer off first, but on restart I've lost all the bubbles...

Pumps runnning and i can see just the faintest of bubbles trying to start at the botom of the skimer where the intake is, but that's it.

I shut it down until I can figure it out. My first thought is to clean the venturi, but it seems very early for that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Pumps runnning and i can see just the faintest of bubbles trying to start at the botom of the skimer where the intake is, but that's it.

I shut it down until I can figure it out. My first thought is to clean the venturi, but it seems very early for that.

Easy fix. Disconect the airline from the venturi if it produces bubbles then there is a clog in the air line. If it stays the same it will be the venturi.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would check your pump to see if it is working properly first. But based on your bioload, I think your water change pulled any remaining nutrients for the skimmer to produce. I also have a 24 on my 120 and i am struggling to keep my nutrients up even with 3 tangs and 4 other fishes. For reference, I have a jebao dcp-8000 running at 70%

I thought of that too, but in that case it would still bubble in the main chamber right? It just wouldn't produce any foam at the top.

Just check the venturi it is clogged...when you did water change something must have gotten sucked up by the pump and clogged the venturi

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any suggestions on an in sumo model for a heavily stocked 150 display with 185 gallon total water volume?

Thanks,

Nick

I have two. One on my display system and then one was on my frag system. Wife and I moved and no longer have a basement at the new house, and so I have nowhere to put my frag tanks.

I have an svs3-30 was going to run a Neptune Cor20 with it. Anyone ever done this?

Have experience with Neptune pumps and these skimmers.

Thanks,

Nick

The Life Reef Skimmer Club

I have an svs3-30 was going to run a Neptune Cor20 with it. Anyone ever done this?

Have experience with Neptune pumps and these skimmers.

Thanks,

Nick

Quite sure that will be just fine. They have a rated head height of nearly 20 feet which is the same as the jebao 8000 I run which works very well.

I just received my VS3-72 from Jeff and I could not be more pleased with the entire experience. I will post a picture when I have it up and running

Back