The Official nTOTQ Submission Thread

I had a build thread but rearranged the pictures in photobucket so it nuked the thread...sorry...

I'll create a condensed version and post it. going to take some time though...lol Frigg'n iPad...

My display is a Deep Blue 34g 36x18x12. I have a build thread for this tank http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449977

Thanks for looking

FullSizeRender_zpsaf4ff748.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

29 gallon mixed reef

29 gallon mixed reef

Her is my 29 gallon. Tank starter December 3rd 2014 tank is young still stocking. Only pest left is broysis in a few spots raising mag with kent m to eliminate.

250 watt mh 14 phoenix 2x 24 watt t5 custom hood and stand with fans. Drilled 29 gallon 1 inch u tube return nozzle jebao wp10 2 x maxijet 400 pro.
20 gallon high sump with wet/dry lr rubble bioballs ceramic media sca 301 skimmer Rapidled diy fuge light 14 x 3w on reverse light schedule Rio return pump and 300 watt heater and diy ato with 2.5 gallon diy resvoir.

40-+ liverock
cheato algea
calepra
gfo carbon
dosing alk mag calc amino acids reef chili reef roids every three days iodine weekly water change testing cleaning. Monthly bioball, when needed circ pump return pump skimmer cleaning.

Fish
2 black oces
3 chromis
1 purple firefish
1 sixline wrasse
1 yellow watchman goby

Inverts
Unknown sea anemone wild caught
unknown urchins 1 red 1black wild caught
1 tiger pistol
2 peppermint shrimp
Cuc red legs wild caught turbos tronchus emeralds

Corals
2 acropora
1 birdsnest
4 montipora
1 gorgonian
1 trumpet
1 favia
1 frogspawn
1 acan
1 candy cane
small zoa collection with a morph
few mushrooms
a bunch of polyp corals
1 leather
purple sponges
tank.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
tank2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
tank3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Cody, great looking tank! That mh look is killer. I guess I'm old school but I really like standard glass tanks.

We got us a contest going here! Keep on posting.

20 high

20 high

this tank is my first attempt at salt water. it was started in 2009 with a lot of ups and downs, definitely some of a learning curve in this hobby. this is how it sits today. please excuse the cyano outbreak, it should die back this spring when we can get some fresh air in the house.

equipment
standard 20 gallon high glass aquarium
aquatic life 4 bulb t5 (3 ati blue+, 1 purple plus)
2 jebao wp10 power heads with dual controller
1 cheap (forgot the brand) power head to circulate behind rocks
reef octopus bh-1000 hob skimmer
hob power filter (so i have a place to run carbon if needed)

livestock
pair of ocellaris clowns
yellow watchman goby
pistol shrimp
Hawaiian feather duster
GBTA
2 turbo snails
2 bumble bee snails
2 nerite snails
3 nassarius snails
2 astrea snails
(i like my snails):wildone:

corals
cabbage leather
pulsing xenia
green star polyps
green button polyps
neon green ricordea
some less colorful ricordea (hitch hiker)
orange, blue, and mint chocolate mushrooms
green nephthea
colt
candy cane
green monti cap

maintenance
2 gallon water change twice/week
clean equipment as needed
feed assorted frozen cubes every other day
new life spectrum pellets on the days they don't get frozen food

Attachments

• WP_20150301_13_14_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150301_13_14_14_Pro.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20150301_13_15_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150301_13_15_50_Pro.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20150301_13_16_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150301_13_16_25_Pro.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
agoodman, tank is awesome. I love soft coral tanks. Easiest way to attach full size pics is to upload to a site like photobucket then copy and paste the img code.

thanks for the info, i guess the thumbs will work. i dont think soft corals get enough recognition these days, and pics dont do them justice. softie tanks are all about movement.

I don't want to bug a moderator to fix my entry post, so due to me hitting the maximum "viewing bandwidth" with photobucket I'm switching over to Flickr. Here are my three entry photos.

16718959005_a123fabbed_o.png

16099014523_d6f40966fc_o.png

16532823569_4a8d95ec73_o.png

I am getting a moderator to fix the photos in my thread, sorry about the inconvenience.

I'd like to go ahead and start a poll thread this weekend for voting to run through the end of the month. How do you all feel about that?

Back