The official Weather Maker beta thread

I tried this a couple of months ago.. I had it all set up and working and the wife says she hated looking at the tank with a light or two off. I thought it was pretty cool. :)

I just gave this a shot and it appears that it will only look on port 80 for connecting to my ac3. I run my ac3 on 8080

I didn't know this was an option for the AC3. It would be a great addition to the Apex.

Actually, I was just thinking the other day about building a microcontroller (Arduino) that would measure the barometric pressure, once it get's below a set point it would trigger a switch connected to my breakout box.

Polling weather service boards would be another option though.

Fun stuff!

I think I'm going to email Neptunes and see if that can be an option. If they can use a query system once the apex is connected to internet, to see if it can query yahoo weather or accuweather for the sunrise and sunset times locally.

A simple option in the setting page to enter your local zipcode and a check box for turning the SUN command from the stored reef numbers to the local query numbers would be awesome.

I wouldn't do temps as all areas aren't tropical.

Back