The Scleractinia Shallows

Even if we are upside down :uhoh3: lol
All my corals, fish and clams are coming across. All the zoa's are being dipped and potentially re-plugged, there are no acro's in the tank anymore as they were all removed today and I will be scrubbing the clams to be sure of safety :) hopefully it works lol

i hope so too mr. upside down :D

Good luck buddy!

It was a good and sad day today :) All the sps from my tank is now gone and it lays barren and algae covered :(
The acro's are going to enjoy their trip to the acro day spa :)

Don't worry about the old tank mate,it gave you pleasure(will not go into details :p ) and wisdom/exp(call of duty term :p ),so it greatly served it's purpose :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see these sticks in the new tank:bounce3:
Where is that acro spa?:)

Don't worry about the old tank mate,it gave you pleasure(will not go into details :p ) and wisdom/exp(call of duty term),so it greatly served it's purpose :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see these sticks in the new tank:bounce3:
Where is that acro spa?:)
That it did :) it was a very wonderful tank that served me very well throughout it's life! :) Now I just want someone to buy it so I can buy more stuff haha

Me either! :D I'm nearly ready for babies to come across, water is satly and at the right temp but it just needs about 50l and I'm going to use NSW because it's quick and easy lol. Dr. Tim's is going in tonight and fish will come across hopefully Monday! :)
The acro spa is the second star to the right, and straight on till morning ;) They are splashing in colour at the moment :beachbum:

It was a good and sad day today :) All the sps from my tank is now gone and it lays barren and algae covered :(
The acro's are going to enjoy their trip to the acro day spa :)

Always interests me to see them out of the light of the tank. Which one is that piece in the right container on the lower left? How long were they in these containers?

Always interests me to see them out of the light of the tank. Which one is that piece in the right container on the lower left? How long were they in these containers?
They were in there about an hour I think lol and the big piece you are talking about is this one

The tank has now, officially, got life in it :D it's boring and I can't see it but it's there :) Now I can watch pellets float happily around the tank and decay :lolspin:
NH3 was 0ppm before anything went into the tank, will measure again tomorrow night!

Ammonia still 0ppm this morning after a few big pinches of food last night and one this morning :) Skimmer will be going online on Sunday morning and phos remover will be going in Monday/Tuesday too :)

Scleractinia Shallows. Excellent name for your build. Though I didn't know that until I looked up the name Scleractinia.
Do you use big words around Andrew?

Marty

Scleractinia Shallows. Excellent name for your build. Though I didn't know that until I looked up the name Scleractinia.
Do you use big words around Andrew?

Marty
haha thanks Marty! I've called this build "The Stony Shallows" on other forums but I figured because it's an sps forum I'd go for the bigger word :lolspin: they both have a nice ring to them.
Other way around, his ID abilities are light years ahead of mine :uhoh3:

You're moving fast, Dom. I like it!!
:)
I unfortunately don't have the luxury of time with this build or it might be a little different so we'll be seeing how my skills go over the coming weeks haha. The removalists for the house are coming in just over two weeks so I'm cutting things fairly fine but then again I only have 4 fish coming across which is nothing and clams and zoa's are easy to deal with :) At least my clams are lol.

I've doubled checked everything twice and I'll probably continue testing the water twice a day for the next 3-4 weeks just to make sure everything is okay but once the bellus is in an settled I'll know my limits from there as she's tough as nails and is the easiest for me to understand too :)

You're right though, I'm certainly not mucking about! :p lol I really miss my fish which is part of it too. Over 6 months with minimal contact with the tank is really tough! At least now the uni semester is over I can completely throw myself into the tank :)

Well... Don't throw yourself COMPLETELY into the tank. It'll bust..
I'm only half interested in seeing a semi clad, wild eyed, red bearded Aussie doing a cannonball into a 40 gallon aquarium.. Flakes and test kits in hand..
Well.. Actually.. That might be more than a little bit interesting..

New tank! New tank! Dom this is exciting! I hope things go well for you and 2.0 is even better than your previous work of art! :D

Well... Don't throw yourself COMPLETELY into the tank. It'll bust..
I'm only half interested in seeing a semi clad, wild eyed, red bearded Aussie doing a cannonball into a 40 gallon aquarium.. Flakes and test kits in hand..
Well.. Actually.. That might be more than a little bit interesting..
I don't know how I'd explain that to my partner though :lmao: I think she's already a little concerned about my love for an empty tank :rolleyes:
Only pellets in this end of the world too :rollface: lol

New tank! New tank! Dom this is exciting! I hope things go well for you and 2.0 is even better than your previous work of art! :D
Super-duper exciting!! It's definitely going to be better that's for sure! Even just for the size alone haha

We also have our rental inspection on Tuesday so I will be very interested to see what they think of the "fish tank" :lolspin: hahaha I would like to have a fish in there just for some life lol

Back