The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14173397#post14173397 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Crustman
Hey Grim,

Thanks for all your help. Here are the bulbs in the above order for my first reef tank. Everything is doing great. I can even keep croceas!
t5s.jpg

reef-1.jpg

Looks good.

hi grim

i just bought a 4x24w VHO ice cap retro and a 2x24w HO w/ accustart ballast & ice cap reflectors. is this too much for a 24"x18"x24" tank (45g)? am planning to keep clams,lps, and softies. i also got 4 ati blue plus, ati pro color, and uvl 14k 75/25 is this a good bulb combo? thanks

thanks for everything grim

curious will this config be like a 14k look?

Front
ATI Blue Plus Normally driven
UVL 75/25
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

I may just be tripping here but my tank doesn't seem to have the "life" it had. How long does it take a tank to acclimate to new lights?
When I installed my 36" nova extreme pro I immediately installed new bulbs too.

in a 40g breeder.

FRONT
ATI blue plus
ati procolor
ati blue plus
ge 6500k
ati blue plus
ati aqua blue special

I like the look but is this best for growth? Not that I want fast growth either. I'm probably just being impatient.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174552#post14174552 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pulpol
hi grim

i just bought a 4x24w VHO ice cap retro and a 2x24w HO w/ accustart ballast & ice cap reflectors. is this too much for a 24"x18"x24" tank (45g)? am planning to keep clams,lps, and softies. i also got 4 ati blue plus, ati pro color, and uvl 14k 75/25 is this a good bulb combo? thanks

You're softies might not be to happy. Try to find them a dark corner in the tank somewhere.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174682#post14174682 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rstriby
thanks for everything grim

curious will this config be like a 14k look?

Front
UVL 75/25
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

Somewhere about 14K would be a good guess.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174930#post14174930 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jimpierce7
I may just be tripping here but my tank doesn't seem to have the "life" it had. How long does it take a tank to acclimate to new lights?
When I installed my 36" nova extreme pro I immediately installed new bulbs too.

in a 40g breeder.

FRONT
ATI blue plus
ati procolor
ati blue plus
ge 6500k
ati blue plus
ati aqua blue special

I like the look but is this best for growth? Not that I want fast growth either. I'm probably just being impatient.

That is a fairly strong mix of lamps. Give it some time. If the tank isn't over 20" tall you should have planty of light.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14175178#post14175178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jimpierce7
the water is only 13.5" deep to the substrate.

Thank you!!

Maybe too much light.

If thats the case you could pull the aquablue and replace it with a UVL 75/25 and drop some intensiity and pick up a little eextra actinic and red.

GRIM REEFER I'm u may have seen me asking this question in different threads but i was wondering what you thought.

I'm thinking of buying a 350gal thats 72"L x 30"W x 36"T. would t5s work on a tank that deep for sps and if so what fixure or retros would u recommend?

Grim:
I have a 5 bulb t5 light, and like it a lot, but I would like to have a slightly warmer light than its putting out now. My bulbs are: two of the Geissman Actinic Plus, one Aquablue, one UV 75/25, and a UV superactinic. Any suggestions on what new bulbs I should try to get a yellower spectrum, and which ones I should take out for the new bulbs? Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14177694#post14177694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
Maybe too much light.

If thats the case you could pull the aquablue and replace it with a UVL 75/25 and drop some intensiity and pick up a little eextra actinic and red.

right on. Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Hey Grim, just an update, let me know if you think I need to adjust, I like the look, but it might be still too white:

front to back

VHO - UVL Super Actinic
T5 - ATI Blue Plus
VHO - UVL Actinic White (50/50)
T5 - ATI Blue Plus
VHO - UVL Actinic White (50/50)
VHO - UVL Super Actinic

I do plan to swap out the back Actinic White with a UVL AquaSun, but will that add more reds? I think that would be good.

Pics

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

hey grim! my ATI Sunpower comes in 2 weeks!! please give me front to back for a 6 bulb t-5..........thanks a lot

Hi there, I'm setting up a new 120g (48x24x24) tank. I'd like to keep a mixed reef with mainly lps and a few softies, possibly some sps high in the tank. I think I've more or less settled on a Sunlight Supply Tek fixture, my first question is, 6 bulb or 8 bulb? My second question is, can you recommend a bulb arrangement? I'm not a fan of really blue tanks, but want to stay away from the really white/yellow looking tank as well.

Thanks!

Hey Grim,
I saw fijiblue's setup in one of the older T5 threads. I love the blue color. I just set up a 65 gal and got a 4 bulb nova fixture for it. I have a couple sps and some lps. Can you give me a good 4 bulb setup that will give good growth but a nice blue color?
Thanks alot,
Joe

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178119#post14178119 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bassist6108
Grim:
I have a 5 bulb t5 light, and like it a lot, but I would like to have a slightly warmer light than its putting out now. My bulbs are: two of the Geissman Actinic Plus, one Aquablue, one UV 75/25, and a UV superactinic. Any suggestions on what new bulbs I should try to get a yellower spectrum, and which ones I should take out for the new bulbs? Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!

Change out the Super Actinic with a GE 6500K

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14180703#post14180703 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jetdrvr
Hey Grim,
I saw fijiblue's setup in one of the older T5 threads. I love the blue color. I just set up a 65 gal and got a 4 bulb nova fixture for it. I have a couple sps and some lps. Can you give me a good 4 bulb setup that will give good growth but a nice blue color?
Thanks alot,
Joe

ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14178314#post14178314 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cash cow
hey grim! my ATI Sunpower comes in 2 weeks!! please give me front to back for a 6 bulb t-5..........thanks a lot

ATI Blue Plus
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back