things that go pop in the night

teena

here lately after i turn the lights out i start hereing little ticking noises, i have no fish as of now, just 2 shrimp, blood & peppermint. i waited till it got started then i got my flash light out, i didnt see anything, but it sounded like it was coming from my 330 pinguin filter, paintbug said look in side of it you may have a pistol shrimp in there. i took it off the tank to the sink i pulled the two blue filters out it was about 10 or 11 little white things about the size of a small tick, & 1 skinny worm with a lot of legs. that all i seen in it, i through the filters away & cleaned out the box & the wheels. & put it all out side. i didnt think i should put it back in, i may not of got them all out, do i need it back in there i have a extra one, but i will have to buy 2 more wheels. i do have a skimmer in there. what do you think.

It could be part of your filter popping like you said. But the first thing that came to mind was a pistol shrimp. The best way I can think to describe the sound that I can think of is tapping a couple rocks together. There is a mantis shrimp that will club through snail shells and that could be what your hearing. but it isnt a couple clicks in a row it takes some time for them to break the shell open.

hope that helps.

what was that worm thing? & could i here it if it was in a shell? it ticks two or three in a row then one time. do i need 2 put it back in?

The worm thing was most likely a bristle worm. They are very common in tanks and are a good thing. They don't make noise. :)

The Quote One should work tenna sorry about that couldn't get it to work
click on the quote
and then on the website from the quote

What I can open it easily

Tell you what go under lighting, filtration, and equiptment

and then look for the thread that I started called

Bad crab or good crab should be on the secound page....

look for the post from whiteshark and click on the link from their have no idea why it is not working sorry but it is really a good website

Back