Tri-color versus Orange Digitata

DopeCantWin

My Orange Digitata has grown within millimeters of my Purple Tri-Color Acropora. Does anybody have any experience or suggestions on what to do?

let them touch and see, sometime nothing happens, and if they sting each other cut them back, they are both fast grower so its not a big deal.

I am guessing the digitata would take out the birdsnest. Especially since I saw what a little frag of peach digitata did to some nearby macroalgae the other night, they seem pretty aggressive.

Digi picks up another win. Several new bets are coming up. Digitata against Monti Cap and Digitata against Joe the Coral.

The Digi is encrusting, and now just started to grow up. If it was branches I could just cut and life would be much easier. I'm only losing small branches and encrusting pieces of other corals.

+1 :D

I also have to ask, when u say lost are u losing the entire thing?:worried2:

My tricolor has no problem taking over my pink birdsnest. You can see where it has killed some branches and started taking over the skeleton. Kinda cool looking.

I wouldn't experiment much with that, there's a high risk of loosing the whole colony! I lost my birds nest after slight contact with my green digi!

I wouldn't experiment much with that, there's a high risk of loosing the whole colony! I lost my birds nest after slight contact with my green digi!

My choices are pretty limited. My best bet is to glue some rock over the encrusting parts getting too close. I also lost a red cap to a battle with a plating red Acro. Was able to save some large parts of it, growing back nicely now.

Back