Tube Anemones and BTAs

DSDoyle

Hello,

Recently, I trusted a company out of the state regarding having multiple long tentacle anemones in the same aquarium. His thought was they came to him in groups, they will live together fine. WRONG! I lost 3 of them in nothing flat AND had a major drama regarding the health of the aquarium. I usually look at multiple resources about anything, but trusted this guy. Never again will I just trust one person.

What are the chances of the same thing happening with tube anemones or BTAs?

Thank you,

I'd say the chances are pretty good, regardless of tank size. BTA's move around a lot, and typically land where you don't want them.

A tube anemone may settle in place, but the experience I had with one was that it had very long tentacles that soon became problematic.

A lot of people find that a tank with just one anemone and a mated pair of clownfish suited to it is really appealing.

I'd say the chances are pretty good, regardless of tank size. BTA's move around a lot, and typically land where you don't want them.

A tube anemone may settle in place, but the experience I had with one was that it had very long tentacles that soon became problematic.

A lot of people find that a tank with just one anemone and a mated pair of clownfish suited to it is really appealing.

+1 agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I have a green bubble tip anemone. I got it with two black Darwin clownfish but it's not green...? It's like a light pink/peach color with little pink dots on the tips. I told my supplier twice that I wanted the green one and I watched them grab it so I'm sure it's not a rose bulb or something but does anyone know when they actually turn green? Do they need color enhancing supplements like corals or as they grow they develop their color? It even didn’t look green under the supplier's blue LED lights. I have an actinic and white combo so I’m not sure if it’s just not the right lighting? Is it unhealthy? Idk what to do.

This is what it should look like vs. what mine looks like......pretty sad....

Attachments

• photo412028.jpg
    photo412028.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo412029.png
    photo412029.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
You will need way more blue than that. They do look fairly brown/white until you get them under more blue lighting than shown in the right side photo. Here's one I got, first at the LFS then in my tank.

20220215_125216.jpg
20220220_193451.jpg

Any specific blue light recommendations? Like links to purchase? I have a 29 gallon tank and want to build a small reef with lots of coral and anemones on my live rock.

Hi! I have a green bubble tip anemone. I got it with two black Darwin clownfish but it's not green...? It's like a light pink/peach color with little pink dots on the tips. I told my supplier twice that I wanted the green one and I watched them grab it so I'm sure it's not a rose bulb or something but does anyone know when they actually turn green? Do they need color enhancing supplements like corals or as they grow they develop their color? It even didn’t look green under the supplier's blue LED lights. I have an actinic and white combo so I’m not sure if it’s just not the right lighting? Is it unhealthy? Idk what to do.

This is what it should look like vs. what mine looks like......pretty sad....

Can you start your own thread regarding your questions please? Your chances of getting answers are much better than piggybacking on an old thread.

Thanks,
Sugar RC Staff

Back