um has anyone heard about this??? this bill could end the reef hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister has two of those ferrets they are pretty kool. They are more of the weasle type of family but act as cats. But they cant take away our reefing thats gonna be a huge undergound market

If you read the actual text of this bill, you'll see that it's grossly exaggerated and I have a very hard time imagining that it would have ANY impact on reefers. The bill is written to:

"To prevent the introduction and establishment of nonnative wildlife species that negatively impact the economy, environment, or other animal species’ or human health, and for other purposes."

Certain species, like Caulerpa, should be banned and continue to be so. Other species, like lionfish, should probably be considered for being banned. But this isn't a "blanket ban"; every species on the banned list must be individually considered- will it, if allowed, have a potential to establish itself in the local environment, will it cause negative impacts to the economy, etc.? I think we're pretty safe here in California.

And, any animals possessed before this bill is passed would continue to be legal to possess, so we'd be fine :) And any species would be open for petition to be added to the "allowed" species.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809255#post14809255 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nuuze
30k OBO, cash or paypal for mine! :D

I'll take it!!! give me a couple of days to sell one of my kidneys for the money. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14807107#post14807107 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Twisted
Dump all the stuff out of your reef, put in some potting soil, go down town and talk to the guy on the corner, and ask him for some seedlings, might have to ask a few people, but eventually you will get your illegal growing hoby under way.
Good luck!

you don't have to do all that, keep your reef tank, just replace it with t-5s, and move those metal halides into your extra bedroom over the gardening pots with soil in it and put some little seeds in the soil and water away. 2 months later and it's 4:20 all day long. hehehehe

i think the Red ear slider is actually native in Northern California. I know our local Nature museum is mostly native nature exhibits, and they have red ear sliders on display...
And if you want another one let me know, my pond broke last summer, and the tank I have mine in now is almost too small for him.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809390#post14809390 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jthao
you don't have to do all that, keep your reef tank, just replace it with t-5s, and move those metal halides into your extra bedroom over the gardening pots with soil in it and put some little seeds in the soil and water away. 2 months later and it's 4:20 all day long. hehehehe

Are you serious?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back