Urgent!!! PraziPro Reef Safe?

JGHA

Is Prazipro reef safe in your experience. If yes what corals did you have how much did you dose and results please. Also what would you recomend for treating flukes in a 250 gal mixed reef. My flame angel has them .

Thanks

Don't have experience with any corals but worked fine with my shrimps, crabs, and snails. My flame angel also came with fluke. Watch out for it getting to stressed out. Mine did and ended up with HLLE and itch as well. Itch came and went in a day but the HLLE I treated with melafix and pimafix along with adding garlic xtreme to food. Both fluke and the hlle are healing now.

Check out this thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1260067

BTW, your skimmer will go crazy and you'll need to remove GAC/UV/Ozone. A QT tank would definitely be optimal for this.

works just fine, i had to dose with soft corals,zoas, lps, sps, clams etc.... no problem other than it ****ed off my xenia and gsp. I would remove them from the system till you have a chance to fullly rid the tank of the prazipro.

Also, split the dose in half and dose the 2nd 24 hours later to help reduce stress

I've heard of people using it in their DT without problems, but you have to be aware that there are risks involved when you do something like this. The manufacturer doesn't recommend that you use this in the DT. If you're going to do it then the consequences are on you. As far as dosing amounts goes, read the directions. You have the potential to kill off worms and who knows what else in the tank. You likely have more worms in the DT then you think, so then you have the potential to have a lot of dead worms in the tank all at once, including any Ornamental worms that you have. FWIW, I use Prazipro in my QT process upfront for all new arrivals. It's best to keep flukes out of the DT if possible.

I have used in in my DT twice a couple years apart with no visible negative effects. I have large goniopora, many zoas, all sorts of SPS and a magnifica anemone. I also have tons of bristleworms and didn't affect them. I used just as directed. I also carefully measured my water volume, allowing for displacement from sand/rock etc. I also treat all incoming fish with prazi in QT. I hope it works as well for you.

If it doesnt kill these worms, does that mean the conc. of Prazipro isnt high enough to kill flukes?

just do as large of a water change as possible before hand, run it and do mass water changes after, it will be fine. good luck!

I have dumped it as suggested on the label in my 75 gallon reef a couple of times. No ill effects. Just turn off your skimmer as it will go crazy. Do water change as suggested on the bottle. There is a nice thread in the fish disease forum on PraziPro. Check it out. More opinions posted there.

Back