UV Sterilizer vs. Cyanobacteria

Cyanobacteria or Red Slime is usually caused by having a high nutrient system. This would include high nitrates and phosphates. By doing regular RO/DI water changes and limit your feeding schedule will help with these issues.

I feed heavy and always will. You should see how thick my triggers are.

This is a recent picture of my bluethroat. As you can see, the yellow markings have really developed.

1911-akron-airship-lifeboat-donated-to-the-smithsonian-21212_1.jpg

My guess is that if you feed heavy cyano may always be an issue. I'm sure with regular cleaning and water changes you could keep it at bay. IMO.

Sonic, I think your humour might've been lost...but not on me. Lol.

(If God wouldn't have wanted us to eat meat, He wouldn't have given us two maxillary canines and two mandibular canines; that's FOUR canines, btw. ����)

Sonic, I think your humour might've been lost...but not on me. Lol.

(If God wouldn't have wanted us to eat meat, He wouldn't have given us two maxillary canines and two mandibular canines; that's FOUR canines, btw. ����)

Welcome to rc. This thread is 6 years old.

Wow, this is an old thread. I switched to bare bottom a long time ago and haven't been sorry.

Back to the original thread topic, I still use tap but I haven't seen cyano since this thread. Maybe a move across town did the trick. Certainly more than the UV sterilizer did.

Back