Vermetid snail question

toddmau5

Recently picked up a frag from a local guy, and as I was leaving he warned me that he has vermetid snails. Checked the frag plug and sure enough it's loaded. So my question is, is there a way to rid the plugs of the snails? I hit the plugs with a brush to knock off all the snails I could and the frags are in the qt tank until I can make sure there are no more snails to infest to display tank. I have heard of a peroxide dip for other parasites and what not but I'm not sure if will kill of the snails?

you'll have to scrape them off. It's the only way.... make sure you scrape deep enough to get behind the base of it, it will retreat into it's hole in the rock and return. I would keep the frags in QT until you are 100% certain you get all of them...I tore down and nuked my 90g because of them........I haz an extreme hatred of vermetids.

So far my tank is clean of them as far as I know and I would like to keep it that way. Just wasn't sure if a salinity dip or peroxide would help wipe them out

I have them in my tank. They really never grow out of control without a nutrient problem imo.

But as to the question, CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH. You should be able to smash them pretty good, including the base not just the tube.

Back