vinyl backgroung...

I use a piece of black plexi-glass stuck to the back using double faced tape. Works/looks great IMO. You can also change colors later if you decided to. You can get plexi-glass at a crafts or plastic store. I gave my plastic store the measurements and they had it done in 10 min. and cost me about $10.

You could try a sign shop. Depending on the quality of their vinyl you might get a good deal for this. If they have the super quality stuff it will be very pricey.

Is the tank already runnin?If not paint it.With the film you have to squeegy it on with soapy water and if it comes unstuck the areas where it's not sticking will be a different shade.Krylon works great.

the place to find the backdrop is at almost any LFS. usually sold by the foot. i know petsmart carries it in 28"H, to whatever length. one side is blue and the other is black. use a credit card or something simular to get the air bubbles out. :)

Avery vinyl is what your looking for, google them. You can buy on line or a sign/ banner shop will have it

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10434947#post10434947 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by latazyo
why wouldnt you post

I have the vinyl he needs, all he needs to do is contact me if he is interested. Didn't think I needed to post all of that.

Why not paint? I used it over 9 years ago on my tank, and there isn't a blemish on it yet. I did use Krylon paint (Black).

I went the stick on route when I set up my tank, In hind site I wish I had painted it.... I will either paint the new tank or do pond foam.

The only reason I am not going to paint is because my tank is an inwall tank and I will have access to the back. I want to leave the option open to peak in if I want from behind a rock structure or something. I am going to try a thin black sheet of acrylic that I can tape on and peel back if need be.

good idea Chris

streamline, your post made it sound like you had a top secret new method that you didnt want to share, haha

hmmm pond foam. I use a piece of black acrylic on the back of my tank as well, but I've been thinking about this pond foam idea. I like the look it gives plus it looks like it might make it easy to hide the powerheads, etc.

Back