Local Petco Thread

Sadly, the staff seems to change rapidly at Petco. That makes a huge difference in the stock and health of their fish. The two near to me that carry sw both said they can order specifically for my from their availability sheets. They said they could keep it in the bags for me to pick up on delivery date.

Sadly, the staff seems to change rapidly at Petco. That makes a huge difference in the stock and health of their fish. The two near to me that carry sw both said they can order specifically for my from their availability sheets. They said they could keep it in the bags for me to pick up on delivery date.
Frankly, that’s the only way I’d take anything home from my petco. Once they put a fish in their tanks at the store, it’s doomed.

Frankly, that’s the only way I’d take anything home from my petco. Once they put a fish in their tanks at the store, it’s doomed.
I feel the same about most Petco's. One near me actully was being very well maintained by an enthusiast that was pretty knowledgeable. The tanks were clean and the fish healthy. It was actually much better than the near by LFS. I bought 10-12 fish from him and they were all healthy. Sadly he is no longer there and things are not nearly as nice as they were there the last couple times I went by there.

Went to the Fenton Petco today.

They didn’t have as many fish as usual. But, decent selection.

Decent amount of Acro and Birdsnest frags. Nice selection of Tridacna.

But, now I know where I got Bryopsis a while back. They had it (not too bad) in their frag tank.

I stopped at mine today just to browse and get some salt. They had a mystery wrasse for $80. I was tempted to rescue him, but all of the fish in their entire system had obvious symptoms of cryptocaryon irritans. I hate that being delivered to my local petco is a death sentence for livestock, but I’m not willing to take the chance.

Ellisville Petco $60

Attachments

• IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Actually, if I had a spare 60 I could set up just for it and some clowns I would have done so.

lol just build the wall (not to be misconstrued as a political statement)
I was going to get the boy to help me today but he got called into work and then the oldest came over with our granddaughter. Pretty much killed any progress. Then, the wild hair to frag hit me.

I got this one from Corpus CHristi Petco for 90, slightly larger than 2 inches. He got a lot fatter since I fatten him up in my sump before got him into my DT with much larger Yellow, Purple and Powder Blue Tangs in it. He was in the rock work for weeks, still does not go out much yet. Fortunately, I trained him on Nori clip and place a nori clip on a stick where he is taken refuge from his mean tankmates.
desjardini2024042101rs-jpg.32400359

Back