Vortech mp40 or 60 suggestions/help needed

ptreef

66*36*24. Sps dominate tank with sand.

I have a few of the jebos over the years in the tank in addition to a CLS. CLS is done and time to upgrade the flow

That being said. Would u mount pumps on sides. And get one more 60 or 2 mp40.

2 60's seems Overkill and budget kill!!

I will probably be using a few jebos along back wall for a while.

Thanks

Also is lack of pointing these an issue on this size tank or is the flow and all wide enuf to still work fine

66*36*24. Sps dominate tank with sand.

I have a few of the jebos over the years in the tank in addition to a CLS. CLS is done and time to upgrade the flow

That being said. Would u mount pumps on sides. And get one more 60 or 2 mp40.

2 60's seems Overkill and budget kill!!

I will probably be using a few jebos along back wall for a while.

Thanks

i would do 2 mp40s facing each other on either side of the tank and 1 on the back panel facing the front of the tank

Given that 2 MP40 cost the same as 1 MP60 and your tank is really wide but not that long, I'd recommend the MP40s instead of the MP60s. And if it were me I'd go with 4 MP40s, 2 on each side and then setup some variable flow patterns throughout the day. I don't think 2 MP40s would be nearly enough flow to keep a full SPS tank of that size happy.

Depending on how big your sand grain size is, it will probably blow around a little bit but it will settle somewhere. Flow is really important to keeping SPS corals healthy.

Given that 2 MP40 cost the same as 1 MP60 and your tank is really wide but not that long, I'd recommend the MP40s instead of the MP60s. And if it were me I'd go with 4 MP40s, 2 on each side and then setup some variable flow patterns throughout the day. I don't think 2 MP40s would be nearly enough flow to keep a full SPS tank of that size happy.

Depending on how big your sand grain size is, it will probably blow around a little bit but it will settle somewhere. Flow is really important to keeping SPS corals healthy.

Agree with this. Adding more smaller pumps is better than just on large one. So in this case get 4 MP40s.

Back